Tease

L and Light both looked at you, surprised.

"That's not very appropriate or professional." You were chastised by Light.

"Stay mad, it sounds like jealousy to me," you shrug.

Before Light could protest, you started to laugh.

I should change the subject before I cause more trouble this late at night.

"Anyway, Can you give me an allowance? I don't wish to resort to stealing again. " You asked L enthusiastically, accidentally letting your previous method slip.

Light looked up at you, as well as L. Both confused and shocked.

"Guys? Uhm... I was kidding. Cmon, you know me, a jokester? " You try to defend yourself, clearly not working.

"Stealing? What did you steal? " Light asked.

"Your heart", you told Light, winking.

Light looked taken aback, while L looked at you, analyzing your expressions.

Light won't try to find my name and kill me, right? He doesn't even have evidence of me stealing...

"Ahem, in all seriousness, it's not a crime unless you get caught, right? Kira wouldn't kill me because of this, right? " You ask, not to anyone in particular, even though it was subtly hinted towards Light

"I'm sure you had a good reason to do so." Light informed you

Your eyes were wandering all over the room, everywhere but the eyes of the other two people in the room.

"Mhm," you responded.

"Anyways, back to my allowance!" You clasp your hands together.

"Would you like one?" L asked back.

"Yes, please!" You excitedly told L.

"Around what price range?" L asked curiously.

"Uhm, like around 1K a week?" you ask.

"$1000 a week?" L asked

Should I blackmail him for more?

"Is that too much for you?" You asked suspiciously.

"No, it's just that we can provide more than that." L told you

"Great! I'll just take whatever you give me. I'll get used to living here in no time," you tell L.

"About that, you briefly mentioned wanting to live with me. I would like to ask if the request is still valid." L asked

"Me? Really? I don't remember asking for that. Sorry. You must've mixed me up with someone else," you gaslit L

"Really? Because I would have agreed, "L said shyly

"No way!" You shout

You look up around you and notice Light

"Oh I forgot about you," you told Light awkwardly.

"Haha, no worries N/n. I should probably get going. See you guys tomorrow." Light bids you both goodbye.

You noticed Light clenching his fist tightly, to the point where blood was spilling.

"Back to what you were saying, L... where exactly do you live?" You asked curiously, since that wasn't disclosed in either the manga nor the anime.

"I can show you." L said

My presence here definitely made L act up.

"In all honesty, I think it would be best for me to live here. Sorry about the teasing." You tell L.

As much as I would LOVE to live with L. This would definitely cause a huge disturbance in the case and plot. I also might fall more in love with L and get rid of Light completely.

You sigh, fighting your inner demons, wondering if you made the right choice.

"Right, I see," L said, staying professional.

"Where's my room?" You asked.

"Well, this whole floor is for our task force. But I specifically assigned a room for you. It's room number ### "

You take the keys from L's hands and speed walk over.

It seems like L chose this specifically for me. How sweet!

You look back at L and thank him once more

"Thank you! I definitely appreciate this. Goodnight! " You say, closing the door.

L sighs and heads back. He puts his hands in his pockets and thinks about what has gotten into him.