Escorting Near/ Reappearance

I'm back!!

Also, this may or may not matter to some of you, but Near will no longer be a love interest

Also, this may or may not matter to some of you, but Near will no longer be a love interest. Sorry if anyone was excited because of that. I feel that in this story, a sibling relationship with them would be better.

———————————————————————
Quick recap:
You arrived in the United States after a long flight with Mikami. You called Near to ask where he was, and he decided to play an epic prank, saying he was no longer there and your services were no longer needed.

———————————————————————

After you got off the phone with Near, you were approached by Mikami.

"Y/n, how are you feeling?" Mikami asked.

You turned around to face a new obstacle in your path. You were already annoyed by whatever sick joke Near had just pulled, and now you had to face another annoying character.

"I'm fine," you respond, making sure to keep your responses short, hoping he'd get the hint and leave you alone.

"Who were you talking to?" Mikami asked, appearing to ask a harmless question.

"How does that concern you?" You answer his question with a question of your own.

"I'm just curious. You seemed to be so invested in the conversation that you didn't even hear me coming." Mikami smiled, hiding his true emotions.

I only spoke to him a few times. Why is he already so obsessed with me?

"It's nothing. Didn't you come here for a case you needed to work on? I need to meet up with someone" you inform Mikami, getting ready to leave.

If only traitor was here, then I would ask to be paid for this pointless interaction.

You sigh, thinking about the money and opportunities you lost because the person known as "traitor" was missing.

"Someone? Are they a close friend of yours? ... is it a guy?" Mikami asked, no longer hiding his innocent persona.

It wasn't shown that he was very social. Does he not know any social cues for him to know this behavior is weird?

"I didn't think we were close enough to exchange information like that." You laugh awkwardly.

Mikami paused. He appeared hurt by your lack of interest shown towards him.

"I'll leave you to your work." You wave him off, already walking away.

You typed in the address that Near had sent to you, and you got ready to hail a taxi.

Mikami followed up behind you and tapped your shoulder.

"I already rented a car here. Why don't you let me give you a ride?" Mikami offered politely.