Matt and Mello meet L ☝️😍

"Y/n?" L calls out your name, trying to get your attention.

"It's nice to be back." You turn around to face L.

"How did you suddenly regain your memory?" L asked, analyzing your reaction.

"The piece of paper. It allowed me to regain my memories. If I give up ownership, I lose all of the memories I had when I had the notebook. If I touch it after giving up ownership, then I regain all of my memories." You calmly explain.

L suddenly remembered how Light reacted when he first touched the notebook in the helicopter.

"So that time in the helicopter, Light regained his memory?" L asked, chewing on his finger.

You remained silent. You figured that it would be best for him to figure it out with the information you already gave him.

"So Light is Kira?" L mumbled to himself.

To your surprise, L didn't appear as sad as you thought he would be. He was seemingly in a better mood now, knowing his deduction about Light was correct.

"So I was right.." L slightly smiled victoriously.

I thought they were best friends? I guess my appearance messed up the dynamic between the two of them.

"How long was I unconscious for?" L asked

"Around 5 years" you respond.

You took a better look at L's features, and your face lit up in surprise.

"You don't look like you've aged at all, you look the same as you did the day you passed." You enthusiastically declare

"This now means we're closer in age." You nod, content with the way things are going.

Although you dropped a bombshell on L about the time skip, he seemed, for the most part, unfazed.

"What happened when I was gone?" L asked, now focusing on the most important part.

I could just show him the anime so I don't have to explain, but that would be risky.

"Since you didn't choose a successor yet, Near and Mello fought for the spot. They are not working together on the Kira case," you explained.

"That's expected,"L hummed.

You look slightly surprised before continuing.

"Mello joined the Mafia, while Near formed an organization trying to catch Kira. It's called the SPK," you continued.

L nodded again "I see."

It appeared as if L wasn't too surprised by the outcome of his two successors.

"The president of the United States has submitted to Kira and is now allowing Kira to continue," you add.

"Coward" L scoffs.

Near said the same thing—they are very similar.

"So you were aware of the situation? The one where I die as well?" L asked

"Well, you didn't die.. besides, you seem to be fine. Let's focus on the present. " You let L know.

"You said this world is all a story, right? What is the name of the story?" L asked the question that had been bothering him.

"Oh yeah! I didn't reveal it.. it's called death note" you say.

"What happened in the original plot? You can tell me that since you have already revealed Kira's identity," L asked, using this opportunity to get as much information out of you as he could.