Gamble

This draft has been sitting here for a good year, but I fixed most parts up and have it in a state I'm okay with sending out

This draft has been sitting here for a good year, but I fixed most parts up and have it in a state I'm okay with sending out. I wasn't sure how to continue the story, but I realized I actually had people who were invested in it. I don't even remember writing the first parts; I only remember that I wrote some Death Note fan fiction and some parts of the plot. I was reading this and was a good 8 chapters in before I realized it was mine. I have a horrible memory, so I can re-read the plot and not even remember what I did. I'm really sorry for taking so long. A few things here and there—you know how it is. Saying sorry won't really change the fact that I hadn't updated, so I hope this long chapter is enough. I won't be gone for that long again; I'll continue working on this since my summer break is nearby. I do have testing in 2 weeks, so let's hope I manage to get some writing done. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy the way the plot is going. Let me know what you think about it. I'll be sure to interact with you guys more. I'm really grateful.
———————————————————————
Quick Recap:
You are in your car and are on your way to go to a casino to gamble with Misa
———————————————————————

"Gambling? What kind of gambling? You know, most gambling is illegal, right? Misa asked with clear concern.

"There's this place I know. Don't worry, we'll be safe," you calmly explain.

Misa looked at you with suspicion before she decided to put her faith in you.

"Okay! Uhm.. but I didn't bring that much money.." Misa whispered, embarrassed.

"Oh. Don't worry! I brought enough money," you proudly tell Misa, pointing to the back of the car with a briefcase full of a lot of cash.

Misa's eyes widen in surprise.

"How did you get all of that money?" Misa asked.

"Oh.. uh.. I saved it." You respond, not entirely sure if Misa would believe that.

"Oh, okay!" Misa believes you; she didn't think you would have a reason to lie over that.

You sigh in relief.

I can't let her know I've been getting cash from an unknown person who has me do little tasks. That would definitely sound weird.

"What games do you plan on playing?" Misa asked with curiosity.

"Games where I play against other people in real time. I'm not interested in slot machines," you said, knowing you would definitely be using the new hack you got.

Misa appeared confused but was excited to hang out with you, although she was nervous she would be recognized as a model and ruin the night.

Even though the casino you planned on going to was illegal, it was known in the small community of those who gambled that they wouldn't scam.

You learned about this place from your previous "teacher," who was quite the gambler.

When you finally stepped out of the car, you helped Misa out. You then took out the briefcase full of money and walked inside with Misa.