Chapter 22

"Ten points from Gryffindor, for your serious lack of judgement." - Minerva McGonagall

-------------------------------------------------------
Sigh. Why? It was as though the fates were messing with me. Showing me the mirror and not giving me any answers. I had half a mind to go ask Professor Dumbledore for answers! I drew circles around my parchment with the quill. Slam! I jumped a foot. I looked up carefully. Father was glaring at me murderously angry. "Wha-wha..I mean, nice to see you, Father?" I shrunk backwards into my stool.

"Look around you."

I turned around. "Oh, well, what do you know, class is over, well I'll just-" he slammed his hand into the table making me jolt again. He grabbed a fistful of my vest.

"What do you take this class for?" He muttered lowly and dangerously. "This is the THIRD time this week that you haven't been paying attention. And the homework I gave over the holidays? Where is that?"

I was really in for it this time. "Um, in my dormitory?" He glared dangerously. "I'm-I'm sorry." He continued to glare as I squirmed. He walked around and pulled me up leading me to his office by the arm. He lightly shoved me into the chair and closed the door behind him.

"You have three options. I know something isn't right. You can tell me what's wrong by choice. If you don't I will have to resort to physical means or Veritaserum. No way was I saying anything. I knew father would punish me anyways when he found out that I had continued to sneak out and go to that mirror against his word. I weighed my options carefully. I knew I had no chance against Veritaserum, but if I said nothing now and started crying when he started trying to pry it out of me then maybe he would let it go? I kept my mouth shut firmly.

"N-nothing's wrong." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"That's how's it going to be? Fine. I respected your privacy when you refused to talk previously this week but whatever is going on is obviously affecting you. You are avoiding your friends, barely paying attention in class and you aren't completing your assignments. I didn't want it to come to this. Stand up and turn around." I stood hesitantly. I heard a cabinet closing and footsteps. "One last chance." I stood there stubbornly. The next thing I knew, I felt a sting across the back of my legs. At least I preferred this over veritaserum or legilimency. Father knew I didn't take him messing with my mind well so he usually went for physical methods. I recall one time, he created an illusion of spiders everywhere (which I have a fear of), when I misbehaved, and I went into a panic attack mode. It took him an hour to convince me they weren't real.

"Ow!" I had to pretend it really did hurt so much that I was crying which meant I had to endure this for awhile or he would get suspicious. He wasn't going easy on me this time. "Ow!" I whimpered as he swung the stick. After about thirty more times the force of the blow made me stumble and I tripped on the chair leg falling over on the carpeted floor. I could feel my knees screaming in protest and my legs aching. I started crying.

"Are you going to talk now?"

I let out a sob. I could tell he wasn't giving in. Not that he would be any less angry if I told. If I resisted any longer he'd force me to take Veritaserum and I'd end up spilling about the late night visit to the restricted section too!

"O-okay." I let out a muffled sob. He walked back around the desk and sat down. I got up and sat across from him staring quietly.

"Anytime now."

"I lied." He raised an eyebrow. " I went back to that mirror." His face hardened. "I'm sorry! I-I just felt such a strong pull to it."

"You wanted to see your parents." I shook my head hesitantly. He raised an eyebrow.

"Please don't tell Harry. Um, I didn't see my parents. I saw, um I'm not even sure exactly what." He stared at me as if to say: continue. "I saw a girl. A little girl. She looked like me, yet different. She had her family surrounding her and everything looked so peaceful." He frowned.

"Interesting." He muttered. I stood up.

"Well I'll just go now." I backed up towards the door.

"Not so fast." I froze. "Turn." I turned hesitantly.

"Ow!"

"What did I say about that mirror?!"

"Ow! You said not to go looking for it." I whimpered. "Ow! Please-"

"And sneaking out pass hours. I taught you better!"

"Please! I'm sorry!" Another blow came. I tried to back away but my feet were practically stuck to the ground. I hate that feeling. The hits seemed to be getting harder. "P-please. I'm sorry, I won't do it again, please!"

"Of course you won't! The headmaster has moved it!"

"I'll finish that assignment, I'll pay attention, I promise!" I turned blocking the hit with my arm and sank to the ground hugging his legs. He tried to kick me off. I looked up at him with big, teary eyes. "Please." He closed his eyes and made a pained expression.

"Do not look at me like that!" He barked.

"Yes Sir." I sniffled into his robe. He groaned and lifted me up into the chair. I winced and pouted at him.

"Come here." He sighed. I thought I heard him mutter. "You're not playing fair, girl." I grinned happily and sat down on his lap. "Lean over the desk." I put my arms on the desk and rested my head. I could practically hear him wince as he glanced at my legs. Was it that bad?

"Let me see, let me see!"

"Stay still!" He barked at me. He reached onto the nearest shelf and retrieved a small vial of a green potion. He poured some onto my legs and I hissed, feeling the heat that it caused. He motioned for me to get up. I got up and fell again.

"Owwwww."

"I already healed you!"

"I hurt my knee." I cried. I straightened my leg and he inspected it. It wasn't broken, just swollen. He muttered a spell and I felt a cooling sensation making me sigh in relief. I stood up and he walked me to the door. "Can you carry me?" I giggled remembering the time I was five and I pretended he had hurt me so he had to carry me around. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No."

I widened my eyes and stared at him. "Please?"

"Fine! I'll carry you to the staircase, that's all! And I told you not to look at me like that!"

"Ok!" I said happily. He lifted me up and I leaned against him pretending to fall asleep.

"Ok, you can get off now." He looked down at my sleeping figure. "Oh, for Merlin's sakes!" He sighed and kept walking. I smiled. It was good to have a parental figure, even if he acted like He didn't want me there most of the time.
-------------------------------------------------------
Sigh, Snape would really be getting it now if James were here:) after all, Cindy is a daddy's girl. He'd probably tell her good job for not paying attention in his class😂. And Snape, we all knew he would stop the moment she used those eyes, after all, how could he hurt a little Lily? Anyways, hope you enjoyed!:)

-Lily