Chapter 11

"It's LeviOHsa, not LeviosAH." - Hermione Granger

-------------------------------------------------------

I missed Harry. Most of our summer vacation was gone and we had agreed to meet at Kings Cross train station prior leaving for Hogwarts. Father would drive me there and then leave. It had just been a few days, but I missed Harry horribly. I wondered how he was taking all of this? The question that ran through my head countless times remained unanswered. I believed father really didn't know the answer. Was I naïve? Maybe. I wanted to know what V- sorry- You-know-who had done to me before trying to kill us both. It was important somehow. But I doubt anyone but you-know-who could tell me.

"Time to go!" I turned to face my father. Finally he was finished. I had woken up at 6:00 to try and get him to drive me there. He was not pleased when I told him the time. He had threatened to give me detention for a week at Hogwarts before shoving me out. It was 10:15. The Hogwarts Express left at exactly 11:00. "We'll take those devices muggles travel with."

"You have a car??"

"No you silly girl, for the muggles that can't drive!"

"A bus." I concluded. Father nodded curtly. I had always failed to comprehend why father refuse to say the proper name for technology instead of calling it a thing invented by muggles.

"Why can't we just apparate?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Oh yeah, because suddenly appearing in a train station won't attract any attention." He replied sarcastically.

"Oh." Was my lame answer. He didn't wait for me to say something else and grabbed my arm to drag me along. We arrived at the bus stop and was luckily spared the wait. The bus was crowded. It was utterly amusing to see father, who despised people and crowds, being squished by passengers. His scowl became more prominent. I knew not to rile him up. I giggled under my breath. We soon arrived at King's Cross. I saw Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon and Dudley laughing as they left Harry in the station. I ran over to him as father got my luggage out. He handed it to me and waved goodbye. I knew he was on a tight schedule. Besides, how hard is finding a train?

Harry and I wheeled our luggage into the platform. I looked at my ticket and frowned. Platform nine and three quarters? Was this some sort of joke? I showed Harry and he was also confused. Meanwhile, Winter and Harry's owl, Hedwig, were attracting all sorts of unwanted attention. I groaned. Now what were we supposed to do?

"-every year, packed with muggles." Harry mouthed: 'muggles?' I spun around. A woman with flaming red hair spoke to four boys and a little girl. "Come on, platform nine and three quarters this way!" We chased after them. They stopped in front of a wall. "Alright, Percy, you first." The eldest boy turned to run towards the wall between Platform nine and ten. I winced and waited for the crash. But it never happened. He went straight through the wall! "Alright Fred, you next."

"He's not Fred, I am! One of the boys said indignantly.

Who I assumed his twin said. "Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother."

"Sorry George."

The boy turned to follow his brother and said: "I'm only joking. I am Fred." He and his brother also went through the wall.

Beside me, Harry spoke up. "Excuse me!" The woman turned to him. "Excuse me, can you tell us how to-"

"How to get onto the platform?" Harry nodded. "Not to worry dears, it's Ron's first time too!" She gestured at the youngest boy next to her. She showed Harry how to run straight at the barrier between nine and ten and we both thanked her before disappearing behind the barrier. In front of us was a magnificent train with the words The Hogwarts Express on it. Harry and I boarded the train and waited for it to leave the platform.