Chapter 9

"Can we buy all this in London?" - Harry Potter

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I awoke to Harry shaking me. Mr. Hagrid was back. I was suddenly wide awake. Light peeked in through the ratted curtains. The storm appeared to be over. I looked over at Harry.

"We're going to buy school stuff."

I nodded. "How did Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon take it?"

"You care about what they think?!" He asked me incredulously.

"Not really, but what if they don't let you back in the house?"

"That won't be a problem. Those muggles won't give Harry trouble or Dumbledore will be notified!" Mr.Hagrid interrupted.

Harry grinned and we walked outside. We went to the boat we came from last night.

"How did you get here?" Harry inquired.

"Flew." He answered simply.

"Flew?"

"Yeah. But we'll get back in this. No suppose ter use magic now that I've got you two." He pointed his umbrella at the boat and it sped towards shore. I looked at him curiously.

"Mr. Hagrid-"

"Nona that. Call me Hagrid."

"Um okay, Hagrid, about what you said about our parents,"

He sighed. "I knew you would ask but I might not be the right person to tell you that." Now that just made me more curious. The boat bumped into harbor. Harry and I got off first because I was secretly afraid Hagrid would tip over the boat as he got off.

Hagrid walked towards the busy streets of London as Harry and I followed along. Harry scanned our school supplies list. "Can we find all this in London?"

"If you know where to look." Hagrid whispered and pointed to a familiar, small pub: The Leaky Cauldron. I followed Hagrid and my brother into the pub. A tall skinny man called from across the pub. "Afternoon Hagrid, the usual I presume?"

"No thanks Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helping Harry and Cindy find their school supplies." He replied nonchalantly.

Tom's eyes widened. "Bless my soul. It's the Potter twins!" Suddenly everyone in the pub was staring at us. A man came up to me.

"Welcome back, Miss Potter, welcome back!"

A woman approached Harry. "Doris Crockford, I can't believe I'm meeting you at last!" She sounded jubilant.

Then a man in a turban approached us. "Harry and Cindy P-potter. C-can't tell y-you how pleased I am-"

"Hello Professor! Didn't see you there." Hagrid turned to us. "This is Professor Quirrell. He will be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts."

Harry immediately stuck out his hand. "Oh, nice to meet you." He nudged my side when I didn't do the same. This guy gave me the creeps. He eyed Harry's hand warily.

"Fearful, f-frightening subject." He stuttered. "N-not that you need it, eh Potter?"

Hagrid then spoke. "Well we must get going. Lots ter buy."

"Goodbye." Harry said and I gave him a small wave.

We walked through the back door and descended down the flight of stairs. "You see? You're famous!"

"But why are we famous? All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?"

"Like I told your sister, I'm not sure I'm the right person to tell you two that." He then turned to the brick wall in front of us and tapped the bricks with his umbrella. They wiggled and spread apart. Harry gasped in awe and I grinned. I hadn't seen this place since I was four. "Welcome, Harry and Cindy, to Diagon Alley!"