Chapter 7

"You're just like your father! Lazy, arrogant-" -Severus Snape

-------------------------------------------------------

-----------------Seven Years Later-----------------

School was utterly annoying as usual. To avoid suspicion, father had sent me to a muggle school. The good news was, I saw Harry everyday. He was harassed by Dudley and his friends. They avoided me because Aunt Petunia warned them about father. This was one of the perks of having Severus Snape as my godfather. I spent a lot of time at Uncle Remus's house though. Father also scared most kids away when they saw me with him on weekends. The ones that knew him called me "the creeper's daughter". Especially Dudley and his gang emphasized on this. They were smart enough to not say it around him though.

Today was my eleventh birthday. It was decided that I would spend it with Harry - with much annoyance from Aunt Petunia. I was also awaiting my letter to Hogwarts. I was extremely overjoyed when I started having magical abilities. The first thing I did was make a flower's petals move. I think it was also the first time I saw my godfather smile. He even turned a leaf into a bird for me. I was seven back then.

I never told Harry about magic even though I wanted to. But just yesterday he told me how Uncle Vernon locked him up for a week for setting a snake loose. I laughed uncontrollably at that. There was also this other time where he made a sweater shrink, and where he grew back his hair in one night after the hideous haircut Aunt Petunia gave him. I was positive he would get his letter soon. Then he could get away from my Aunt and Uncle at last.

I on the other hand tried to use my magic to play pranks starting at the age of nine. I couldn't control it most of the time but I tried. Uncle Remus says I'm just like my dad. Father was not amused when I made his clothing smell like roses. I paid the price for it.

But as much as I was into the occasional prank, I obeyed him. He was cold and strict, but I knew he cared. Except for the time I turned his house a yellowish color. He wasn't amused. He slammed the door in my face and muttered: "like father like daughter!" I cried for an hour before he would let me back in after that. Anyways, he loved me and I loved him too. He really cared but didn't know how to show it.

He had granted me permission to spend the night at my Aunt and Uncle's. Unfortunately, for some reason, the house had been flooding with letters for Harry, because Uncle Vernon kept trying to keep it from him. He should know better than to fight against magic. So Uncle Vernon freaked out and took all of us far away. And THAT'S how we ended up in this shack on a mini island. "Father will so be hearing about this..." I muttered to myself.

The roof leaked and there was a big storm outside. My Aunt and Uncle were upstairs in the only bedroom. Dudley was lying on the couch beside us.

Harry and I were lying on the floor shivering. I knew Father would be steaming mad tomorrow. Harry was in the midst of drawing a birthday cake with the sand. I smiled. "Happy Birthday to us." We both closed our eyes and made a wish. The we blew out the candles.

BOOM!

----------------------------------------------

Short chapter, I know. Just wanna clear up: If she says father, it's short for godfather. Also, notice she stole Draco's line lol.

Lots of love

-lily