Chapter 15

"You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood." - Hermione Granger

-------------------------------------------------------

So the day finally arrived. Flying lessons with the Slytherins. I reminded myself that all I had to do was get in the air without falling on my butt and I should be fine.

"Wake up!" It's 7:30!" I shot up in the air. I had been daydreaming for the past hour unknowingly. I went to wash up and Ron kept cheering in excitement. We rushed down to the Great Hall, hoping to grab a bite of breakfast before classes.

"Honestly, Cindy, you just had to chose today to be late? I was so excited for Professor Flitwick's class!" Hermione fussed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't chose to be late." I protested. She ignored me as we raced through the halls. "Oomph!" I crashed into somebody sending us both crashing to the ground. I looked up to see Luna. "Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry!" I apologized profusely.

"It's alright. I was chasing a Nargle. Didn't see you there."

I giggled. "Cool, have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, I couldn't find my new shoes. I think the Nargles took them. That's why I was chasing them." She sighed.

"That's terrible! I-"

Hermione cleared her throat loudly. "If you two don't mind, I have a class to be getting to. Carry on if you want detention." She huffed and walked away. I gasped. Hermione was right. We were gonna be late. Lately father had been spying on me. He always asked the other teachers to keep an eye on me. Surprisingly, they seemed to be on my side.

I decided to skip breakfast and head straight to class. I rushed into the charms classroom right on time.

~~~~

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch!" We chorused.

"Good afternoon." She replied. "Welcome to your first flying lesson! Well, what are you waiting for? Stand on the left side of your broom, stick out your right hand and say 'up!'"

"Up!" The broom shot up in Harry's hand at once.

"Up, up, up..." Hermione said impatiently.

"Up!" Draco smirked as his broom shot up too.

"Up, up, up, UP!" Ron screamed. "Up!" The broom shot up and hit Ron square in the face. Harry laughed. "Shut up, Harry." Ron joked.

I turned my broom. "Up," I whispered. "Up!" I raised my voice and the broom shot up. Draco glared at me. I grinned.

"Okay! On the count of three I will blow my whistle. I want you all to mount your brooms and kick off. You will hover for a moment and slowly touch back down!" Madam Hooch orders. We all mounted our brooms and waited. "Three! Two! One!" Before Madam Hooch blew the whistle, Neville had already kicked off. He rose unsteadily with a look of terror etched on his face.

Then suddenly the broom shot upwards and sideways uncontrollably. Madam Hooch ran after it screaming as it shot the towards the roof of the school. Then all of of a sudden the broom flew out of Neville's grasp and towards the Forbidden Forest. Neville's cloak caught on the side of the castle and tore. He hit the ground with a thump. I gasped. We were shoved aside by Madam Hooch.

She helped Neville up slowly. "Oh dear, broken wrist." She muttered. "Everyone is to stay firmly on the ground as I take Mr Longbottom to the hospital wing. If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will be expelled before he can say Quidditch!"

We all stared as they headed into the castle. "Did you see his face?" I turned to see Draco Malfoy pick up Neville's remembrall. "Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would remember to fall on his fat arse!" The Slytherins snickered.

"Give it here, Malfoy!" I turned to see Harry.

"No! I think I'll leave it up here for Longbottom to find." He kicked off and soared towards to Quidditch posts.

Without thinking, I kicked off chasing him. I could hear them talking on the ground.

"Harry, NO! You heard what Madam Hooch said, besides, you don't even know how to fly!" Harry ignored her and came after us. "What. An. Idiot. Like brother like sister."

I shot towards Malfoy grabbing his robe. He spun in the air grabbing my arm in the process. "Have it your way then!" He threw the remembrall and Harry shot after it. Malfoy dragged me down and I kept my eyes on Harry. He did a flip in the air after catching the remembrall. I gasped in awe. That was amazing. Harry landed as everyone cheered his name. I elbowed Malfoy in the stomach forcing him to release my arm as I ran to Harry.

"Harry Potter!" I turned to see Professor McGonagall walking over to us with a blank expression. Suddenly all the chatter stopped. "Come with me." All of us began protesting and defending Harry.

"Please, Professor, it wasn't his fault-"

"Malfoy-"

"He was just getting-" Professor McGonagall ignored them, dragging Harry to the castle.

Seconds later, Madam Hooch returned. "What happened here?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Finally got this chapter out. I will update my other book soon. I've just been busy😞

Vote and comment if you like

Lots of love

-lily