Chapter 17

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me." - Harry Potter

-------------------------------------------------------

I was tired, very tired. I had spent all night thinking about that 3 headed dog. What was it doing at Hogwarts? There was no one we could ask as we weren't even supposed to be there in the first place. Furthermore, this was the corridor that Father went into on Halloween. I was so confused.

"Daydreaming in my class is not acceptable." I looked up to see Prof. McGonagall's stern expression.

"Sorry Professor, I'll pay closer attention." She nodded and returned to her desk. I was more worried about father finding out than paying attention in transfiguration at the present. Professor McGonagall cleared her throat.

"Everyone! Let's practice the spell now!" Sounds of chair shuffling was all around the room.

I turned to Luna. "Uh, d'you wanna go first?" She shrugged.

"Sure." Luna muttered the spell. The match started smoking. My eyes bulged and I quickly muttered "Aguamenti". Father had taught me that spell just in case I was home alone and somehow managed to set something on fire.

Now I pointed my wand at the match and muttered the spell. The match turned pointy, yet it was still a match. I frowned. I repeated this several times and the same thing happened. I guess not paying attention is coming back to haunt me now.

~~~~

Finally class was over, I excused my self from the others and headed for my next class. I was thinking about how hard Harry had been training with the team lately, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw father drag Professor Quirrel into his office. I quietly followed them and pressed my ear to the door after father had slammed it shut.

"I know....troll...three-headed-dog...steal...Dumbledore..." I heard father mutter.

"N-no idea w-what you're talking ab-about!" Quirrel replied.

"Oh...perfectly...what...about..." Father growled.

I could hear their voices coming closer. "If I catch you at it again-" I quickly leapt back as the door was thrust open. I held my fist in the air, making it seem like I was just about to knock. Father looked shocked and tried to compose himself. I could only hope I was good enough at acting. He then turns to Quirrel, clearing his throat. "Remember my words." He muttered menacingly. Quirrel nodded frantically and scurried off. I gulped. He turned to me and his eyes hardened. "How much did you hear?"

"N-nothing sir, I just came to ask you a question."

"Oh? And what's that?" He narrowed his eyes, seeing right through my lie.

"Uh, I uh missed part of the notes in class." I rambled.

"And why is that?"

"I um wasn't paying attention in class uh.." I made up.

"Five points from Gryffindor and see me later." I nodded.

I caught a glimpse of him limping before the the door was shut. That was strange. I returned to the upstairs corridors and realized class had already begun when I saw that the corridor was empty. I groaned. I raced all the way to class.

~~~~

"So you're telling me you saw Quirrel and Snape arguing." Harry stated.

"No! It was more like father was yelling at him or threatening him. And get this, when I left, I noticed his leg was all bloody and he was limping."