Chapter 16

"Working hard is important, but there is something that matters even more: believing in yourself." - Harry Potter

-------------------------------------------------------

I groaned loudly. "Is there a problem, Miss Potter?" Professor McGonagall gazed at me disapprovingly.

"N-no." I stuttered and lowered my head.

"Please pay attention." I nodded as she walked away. I sighed silently. I had been unable to concentrate since flying lessons because I hadn't seen Harry. Professor McGonagall glanced at me knowingly. I looked down to my notes and realized that I forgot where we were at. I turned to ask Hermione only to realize that she stared away from me with her nose in the air, still grumpy about this morning.

I felt a tug on my sleeve. I turned to see Luna smiling at me. "Here, copy these." Thanking her, I began to write frantically. Finishing, I returned the notes to Luna.

"For homework, please read chapter 3.4 and practice turning the matches to needles."

The was a chorus of "Yes, Professor". I exited the classroom with Luna and we parted ways. Just then, I saw Harry.

"Harry!" I ran to him instantly. His expression was unreadable. Ron appeared by his left.

"Hey, mate, how'd everything go?"

"It was strange, they said something about me being a seeker?"

Ron gaped. "But first years never make the house teams! You must be the youngest player-"

"In a century. According to McGonagall." Fred and George suddenly appeared from behind us.

"Hey Harry, Wood's just told us."

"Fred and George are on the team too, beaters."

"Our job is to make sure you don't get blooded up too badly. Can't make any promises of course, rough game, Quidditch."

"But no one's died in a while. Someone will vanish occasionally-"

"-but they'll turn up in a month or two!" They walked off cackling.

I glared after them. "Will someone please tell me what's going on!"

~~~~

After classes ended on a Friday, I was about to return to Gryffindor tower. "Miss Potter, please stay." I winced. Father couldn't possible have found out about me not paying attention in class, could he? Or was it the time I was late because I overslept? Or was it-

I was brought out my thoughts when he slapped me on the forehead. "What are you thinking about, girl?!" He snarled. "I've been trying to get your attention for the pass ten minutes!"

"Class is over?" I asked.

He glared at me. "Is this how you behave in your other classes too?"

"N-no! Of course not." I spoke frantically.

He gave me one last glare before heading towards his office and motioning me to follow. I trailed a distance behind. When we arrived he sat down and signaled for me to do the same. He clasped his hands and stood up, looming over me. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Or maybe I should refresh your memory." He continued. "It's interesting, today I saw three first years on broomsticks with no supervision on the Quidditch Field today. Strangely enough, there were two boys and a girl that looked strangely like you." He pretended to scratch his chin. "Hm, what a coincidence, right?" He added sarcastically.
I gulped noticeably. I slowly stood up and took a step closer to father before kneeling down. I knew I was in deep trouble. If Madam Hooch or Professor McGonagall heard about this, I would be gone by now.