Chapter 8

"You didn't just lose a mother in Godric's Hollow that night. I lost a sister." - Petunia Dursley

-------------------------------------------------------
BOOM

I immediately ducked as a reflex. Dudley bolted up and raced to the back of the room. Oh, so this wasn't an earthquake. The front door shook once again. I clutched on to Harry. We started backing up into the corner. Out of the side of my vision I saw Uncle Vernon holding a rifle and Aunt Petunia, clearly petrified, behind him.

Boom! The door collapsed and fell forwards. A man, no, giant stood there. Half of his face was concealed through his beard and he wore as large overcoat with more than ten pockets. The most astounding fact was that he was at least twice the size of a normal man.

He stepped in and lifted the door with ease fitting it back on the frame. "I demand that you leave at once! You are breaking and entering!" We all turned to the source of the voice. Uncle Vernon was pointing a rifle with shaking hands at the giant.

"Shut up Dursley!" The giant spoke and snapped the rifle, blasting a hole in the ceiling. Drip. Drip. Drip. He walked towards Dudley. "Why, I haven't seen you since you were a baby, Harry, yer changed a lot o'er the years. But where's your sister?"

"I-I'm not Harry." Dudley stuttered.

Harry stepped out pulling me with him. "I am. My sister's right here." I hesitantly glanced at the giant's face. It crinkled into a warm smile.

"Of course you are! Splitting images of your parents." He pulled out a box from his coat. I stared at it curiously. He handed it to us. Harry hesitated before taking it. " 'Fraid I mighta sat on it at some point but I reckon it'll taste just the same."

I opened the box. Inside was a homemade birthday cake. This was my second time having a birthday cake. The first with Uncle Remus many years ago. Father didn't generally believe in celebrating birthdays and my birthday was during the summer spent with him. He would usually buy me a present, but not cake. I was flooded with emotions. I could tell Harry felt the same. "Thank you." We both smiled at him.

He smiled back at us. He then sat down on the old couch. He pointed his flowery umbrella at the fireplace. Flames shot up. I had seen this before, but Harry hadn't. His eyes became wide. We then smelled sausages sizzling. He handed one one to each of us and we took it eagerly. Both of us had only a pack of crisps and a banana. I knew father would be angry. I had begged him to allow me to spend our birthday together, and he had warned me. I could hear Uncle Vernon telling Dudley not to accept any food offered. I bit into the food eagerly. It tasted heavenly. "Excuse me, who are you?" Harry asked.

"Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys and and grounds at Hogwarts. Of course you know all about Hogwarts."

"Sorry, no." Harry responded while I nodded. Harry stared at me, surprised.

Mr. Hagrid turned to Harry. "Blimey Harry, have you never wondered where your parents learned it all?"

"Learned what"

"Your a wizard, Harry, and a thumpin good one once you train up a bit."

Harry looked flabbergasted. " no, you've made a mistake. I- can't be a wizard, I'm just Harry-just Harry." He appeared to be trying to convince himself.

"Have you ever made anything happen when you were angry or scared?" Harry had a distant look in his eyes. I could tell he was remembering all the times something strange happened. Dudley's sweater shrinking, the horrible haircut, and the snake.

He, then handed Harry a letter. Harry read it aloud "Dear Mr. Potter, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

I decided to speak. "He's telling the truth, Harry." I said softly.

He turned to me. "You kept this from me." It was a statement, not a question.

"I-I'm sorry." I stammered. "I wasn't allowed to tell. Father said you'll find out when Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon thought you were ready to know. I knew you didn't know before, but I thought they would tell you." Harry's features softened.

Meanwhile Uncle Vernon rumbled at Mr. Hagrid. "He will not be going! We swore when we took him in we'd put a stop to all this rubbish!" He seethed.

Harry's expression hardened again. "You knew. You knew all along and you never told me?"

"Of course we knew, I mean how could you not? My perfect sister being who she was. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful?" Aunt Petunia spat out bitterly. "I was the only one who saw her for what she was-a freak!" She stopped to glare at us. I glared back and Harry watched solemnly. "And then she met that Potter and had you two and I knew you would be just as strange, as abnormal. Then she went and got herself blown up, and we got landed with you two!"

I stare in shock, Harry was fuming. "You told us our parents died in a car crash!" Though I knew about magic I had never asked father much about them. Apparently it was a touchy subject. Like the Dursley's, his policy was "Don't ask questions!" Harry turned to face me. "You knew about this."

My eyes widened. "No! No, I swear. I knew about magic because father sometimes uses it, but I never knew about our parents! You know my godfather, he wouldn't tell me anything!"

He glared at me for a second. Then his expression softened. "I believe you." He sighed. Meanwhile, Mr. Hagrid was shouting at Uncle Vernon and a cowering Aunt Petunia.

"A car crash killed Lily and James Potter? It's an outrage! A scandal!"

"Well we had to say something." Aunt Petunia muttered.

Uncle Vernon had given up trying to intimidate a man twice his size and started a shouting match. "I can't stop the girl, but the boy will not be going!"

"And I suppose a great muggle like you is going to stop him?" He paused to point at Harry. "The twins have had their name down since they were born! They're going to the finest school of witchcraft there ever was and they're gunna be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen - Albus Dumbledore."

"I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!"

That seemed to be the last straw for Mr. Hagrid. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Dudley eating our birthday cake. He pointed his umbrella at him and a pig's tail grew out of his pants. Harry and I exploded in laughter while the Dursleys screamed and ran upstairs.

Then I remembered. I turned to Mr. Hagrid. " What do they mean blown up? What happened to our parents? Why? W-"

Mr. Hagrid cut me off by holding up his hand. "I might not be the right person to tell you that, but you'll find out soon." Then he looked up, as if remembering something. "I presume you've got your letter already?" I nodded in reply. He stared at his timepiece. "Oh, look at the time. Must be going now." He turned and headed for the door, pulling it down. I shivered. Then he turned to Harry. "Unless you'd rather stay, of course." He walked out the door. I turned to look at Harry. He had an unfathomable expression on his face. I stared at him and eventually fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi:)

So, here's the chapter. I will edit when i have time. Hope you enjoyed!

Vote and comment if you like:)

Lots of love,
- Lily