Chapter 20

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore

-------------------------------------------------------
"Wake up! C'mon wake up!" I heard Ron screaming from the boys dorm. It's Christmas! I ran downstairs to the common room.

"Merry Christmas, Harry!" I yelled. He picked me up and spun me around as I giggled.

"Merry Christmas, sis." He said releasing me. Meanwhile Ron was over by the tree.

"Well, aren't you gonna open your presents?"

Harry's eyes widened. "I've got presents?"

"Yeah!" Ron nodded.

We ran over to the tree. I got a package from Harry, another from Luna, and Hermione, Ron, Mrs. Weasley, and father. I tore apart the wrapping paper on one immediately. Inside was a heart shaped locket. I smiled and I knew exactly what to put in it.

At the end I received a green jumper with an elf on it, a full box of all sorts of candy, a pair of beet shaped earrings, a book with wizard tales, a new cage for Winter, and the locket.

We were surrounded by a mess of wrapping paper when Ron pointed out the package under the tree. I craned my neck to get a closer look at it. "Harry, it's addressed to you." I handed it to Harry. It was paper light. Harry began to take apart the wrapping until we saw a dark silvery cloth. He picked up the card and read aloud.

"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It's time that it was returned to you. Use it well.

"What is it?" I pondered.

"It's some kind of cloak." Harry said.

"Well put it on, let's see." Harry draped the cloak around his shoulder and the most amazing thing happened. Harry's body just disappeared. I gasped.

Harry looked down. "My body's gone!"

Ron's eyes widened in realization. "I know what that is. It's an invisibility cloak!"

"I'm invisible?"

"Who gave it to you?" I bent down and picked up the card that had fallen. Harry read over my shoulder.

"It doesn't say. It just says: Use it well."

~~~~

After awhile we headed down for breakfast. The Great Hall was decorated with extremely tall pine trees. I saw Professor Flitwick levitating ornaments on. We sat down for Christmas breakfast and pulled apart a few crackers. Harry managed to get a set of wizard's chess. I found a box of Bertie Botts every flavored beans in mine. I sat at the table watching Harry and Ron play chess while eating beans, occasionally spitting a few out.

Hermione came up to us with her trunk. "Merry Christmas!"

"I see you've packed."

She turned to Ron. "See you haven't."

"Change of plans, mum and dad went to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons in Romania."

"Good! You can help then. Harry and Cindy are going to look for information about Nicolas Flamel."

Ron turned to us. "We've looked a hundred times!"

Hermione leaned down and lowered her voice. "Not in the restricted section." She straightened herself. "Happy Christmas."

Ron stared as she walked away. "I think we're having a bad influence on her."

~~~~

That night Harry and I snuck our of bed at around 11. We covered ourselves with the invisibility cloak and headed off to the library. We tiptoed silently pass the empty corridors. Up ahead I saw Peeves floating by and nearly groaned out loud. Harry signaled for me to stay put until he floated pass. We let out a sigh of relief and stepped in the library. Harry reached his hand out with the lantern and motioned us forward until we reached a big gate, bearing a sign overhead: restricted section.

Even though we gently slides the lock and pushed the gate open, a soft creak was heard. We walked in further and started scanning the shelves. "You check those ones, I'll stay here, alright?" I nodded in agreement. He set the lantern down on the ledge of the shelf. I grasped the shelf and climbed up high so I could check the shelves above. "Be careful up there." Harry whispered. I scanned and realized that it was the D section. I moved along slowly.

Then suddenly: "Ahhhhhhhhh.....!" I heard a a book being forcefully shut.

"Who's there?!" I screamed and fell off the ledge. Harry quickly pulled the cloak over us. I groaned as I heard the lantern smashing. Harry pulled me out of the restricted section. We weaved astound Filch and raced out of the library. We stopped in our tracks as a crash was heard followed by mumbling. I motioned for Harry to turn the corner. There we saw Father and Professor Quirrell who he had by the collar. I let out a horrified gasp and Harry quickly covered my mouth.

"I'm warning you...You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." I pull Harry back and listen.

"D-don't know what you're talking about..." I look at Harry in curiosity. Father suddenly turns and reaches out towards us. Harry drags me back and we fall into a corner. Father turns back to Professor Quirrell.

"Very well," father sneered, "well have another little chat when you've decided where your loyalties lie." Harry's eyes widen in realization. I start to get up when Filch huffs and puffs down the corridor holding the broken lantern.

"Professors, I found this in the restricted section, it's still hot, reckon students are out of bed." They both look at each other and run off. I let out a sigh of relief and we walk into the nearest corridor. Harry pulls the cloak off.

"Wow, that was close." I nod in agreement. I look around us. It seems to be a room, not a corridor, but there are no desks. It seems to be empty except for a large mirror. We walk over to it and step in front of it. I gasp. I see a small child. Standing with her is a woman who looks oddly like-mum, but she wasn't mum. She's surrounded by what's seems to be family and friends. She looks so happy, safe from any threat.

Suddenly a voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "You see them don't you?" I look at Harry. "It's really mum and dad, isn't it?"

Despite my confusion, I let out a quiet: "yeah."

"C'mon, I gotta show Ron." I follow harry as he dashes up to the common room. "Wait here." He instructs me. He then rushes up to the boys dormitory coming back with a very tired Ron. We rush down to the room again. Harry grins: "You see them, don't you?"

"All I see is us."

"Here, step in closer."

Ron's eyes widen. "That's me! And I'm head boy! And I'm holding the Quidditch Cup...I'm Quidditch captain too!" Harry frowns. "I look good..." He turns to Harry. "Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?"

"How can it? Both my parents are dead." Harry mumbles.

----------------------------------------------
Hi everyone! I'm so so sorry. I began writing this chapter in January but I had so many tests. But anyway, it's out!
Enjoy!

-Lily