Chapter Eighteen-You Are Mine

"We love having you here, really we do." Gaby started .

"But principal Wallace is going to kill us if she finds you here." Brie cut in smiling at me sweetly.

What great best friends right?

"I get it, you guys want to kick me out. Fine, I was leaving back home today anyway." I shrugged not really affected by my friends.

"You're what!" Collins cried out.

"You can't leave, we still one more week!" Brie yelled at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I want to go home. This whole senior crash trip was a dumb idea. I just want to be with mom and dad."

"Ally cat you don't have to leave because of Mase you know that right?" Gaby chimed in scowling at me.

I sighed, "Yes I do. I can't stay here with you guys and my only other option is with the guys. This adventure is over anyway."

"But it's Christmas tomorrow. It's a twenty four hour drive....or more if you plan on taking the bus. You'd be spending your Christmas on a stinky bus alone." Collins said sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around me.

"Maybe it's what I deserve." I mumbled, "I should have never crashed the trip."

"Don't be stupid!" Brie frowned, " it would have been depressing if you weren't here. "

I glared at her, "No. It would have been depressing if Laine hadn't come." I pointed out.

"That's not it at all." She frowned. Now I felt guilty. I was in a sour mood and I was snapping at my best friend who only wanted to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Brie. I didn't mean that, I was just mad." I said lamely.

"It's fine Ally cat. But please, can you stay?"

"I don't have a place to sleep at." I raised my eyebrow.

"We'll figure it out, I promise." Brie swore.

***

"You have me sleeping in the tub. I don't see how this happened." Mason growled.

"It's either the tub or with me." Laine shrugged with a smirk.

"You're the worst cousin in the history of cousins." He grumbled hitching the pillow under his arm.

"You'll get over it."

"Why does she have to stay here anyway?" Mason glared at me with disgust.

I rolled my eyes and kept a tough demeanor. But really all I wanted to do was cry. Just a couple nights ago he wanted nothing more than to hold me in his arms. He wanted to be something more.

Now....now Mason hated me. But could I blame him? It was all my fault.

"Don't worry." I surprised myself when I found my voice, "You won't see me after this trip." I swore.

It was best if I mended my heartache alone. I knew it was only a matter of time when I would finally leave Mason alone. A big part of me wished it wasn't so soon though.

Mason stared at me with an unreadable expression. It made me uncomfortable but I didn't let it show. Instead I burrowed in the bed sheets and turned away from him mumbling a 'good night' to Laine.

***

It probably wasn't even midnight yet when my phone went off. Begrudgingly I rolled over and glanced at my phone. My eyes stung when the bright screen slapped me in the face.

Wincing like an old woman I finally managed to read the message. However, I wished my eyes were deceiving me.

Allyson where are you! You're father and I know you aren't with your grandparents. You are so grounded young lady!!!

I cursed under my breath and shot out of bed. If mom and dad knew I weren't with grandma and grandpa then it would only be a matter of time before they realize i'm on the trip.

So maybe I should point out a few things. A few things that would have stopped me from getting hurt.

Never panic in the dark

When bunking with boys be prepared for a messy floor

Clutz+Darkness+Messy floor= one crippled Ally

"Ahh!" I screamed when my foot caught on a pair of jeans and I landed on my ankle.

I heard a loud gasp and saw Laines figure pop out his sheets looking around frantically. He flicked the light on just as Mason jumped out of the bathroom.

If I wasn't in pain I would have laughed at both of them. Mason wore nothing but a disney t-shirt and boxers with ninja turtle socks. He looked around as if ready to fight.

Laine on the other hand sat up in his bed. His blond hair was a complete mess. His blue eyes dropped and a small dribble of drool hung on his chin as he tried to comprehend what just happened.

"My ankle." I cried out cradling it.

Mason, I without hesitating, crouched down next to me and touched my ankle. I winced and pulled away, the pain unbearable.

"What happened?" He asked with an emotionless tone. As if I was stranger and he was a curious bystander.

I swallowed the dissapointment. "My parents know I lied. I was going to leave before they found me here. I was just going to pack up when I tripped. "

Mason's eyes shot to mine. "You were just going to leave?" He said angrily.

Whoa, I didn't expect that. I kept my gaze on his, trying to decide whether he really cared or not. Sadly, I couldn't read anything off of him.

"Like you cared." I snapped trying to pull away from him.

"I don't!" He retorted glaring at me.

"And who's fucking pants were on the ground!" I snarled hobbling on my good foot.

"Sorry." Laine mumbled finally waking from his zombie like state.

"It's fine." I mumbled, before finding my bag and stuffing my clothes in. I could feel Laine and Mason burning their stares into the back of my head. "Take a picture it last longer."

"Ally how're you gonna get home? You don't have a car and we're in Florida." Laine pointed out with a sigh.

"I'm taking the bus. I have enough money." I shrugged before I felt someone tugging me back and taking my suitcase.

"It's late and the bus is full of creeps." Mason said so low I thought I wasn't meant to hear.

"I can take care of myself." I said glaring at him taking a snatch at my bag but failing miserably.

"You tripped on a pair of pants and got hurt. I really don't think you can defend yourself against pervy bus passengers." He raised his eyebrow.

If there was ever a moment I would consider murdering someone, the time would be now. I took a step-well a hobble- towards Mason and poked him in his chest.

To my disappointment however, his chest was hard. I doubt I even inflicted any kind of pain. "I can't fight with a guy in ninja turtle socks. Now give me back my luggage so I can go home!"

"You're not going on that bus." Mason growled grabbing my arm.

I yanked my arm free and glared at him. If looks could kill he'd be dining with Frank Sinatra himself right now. "You have no say in what I do. You don't own me." I hissed.

"On the contrary princess. You are mine." He whispered.