Chapter Twenty Three-Time Heals all wounds, I'll be okay until then

Chapter Twenty Three- Time Heals All Wounds, I'll Be Okay Until Then

One Mississippi- I was raised in Clearbay

Two Mississippi- My parents were Derek and Carol Craine

Three Mississippi- My hair is brunette and my parents are blonde

Four Mississippi- I found a manila envelope

Five Mississippi- My parents aren't my parents

Six Mississippi- The Bad Boy loves me

I took a deep breath and looked at my hand. It was intertwined with Mason's as he looked just as nervous as me.

"You ready princess?" he asked me as we stood on the porch.

The house wasn't as big as mine. It wasn't a modern beach house, but more of an old English home. Smaller, but still beautiful.

I opted on going in with only Mase and aunt Chrissy. I figured bringing a whole army of teenagers would be overwhelming for one visit.

What was it that I wanted from the woman? Answers to questions I still had to ask even myself? Closure...but closures meant goodbye and I wasn't ready for that.

My brain never caught up to my mouth though because I told him to ring the bell. From behind the heavy wooden door I heard shuffling and yelling.

Much to my surprise a young girl opened the door. She had dark wavy hair and emerald green eyes like me. "Uh...hello." I managed to choke out.

The young girl scrutinized me up and down, "You must be mom's new student from the arts school."

"Actually-" I said before she cut me off.

"Mom! Your new student's here!" she yelled leaving us at the door.

Before long I heard shuffling and a woman yelling back, "I'm coming!"

I held Mason's hand tighter as he massaged spall circles in my palm. It was a small gesture but it calmed my nerves. Aunt Chrissy looked nervous and scared as the woman approached us.

She had light brown hair. The same green eyes. Our noses were different. But she was Raven....she was my mom?

"Oh hello how can I...oh my." she gasped when she caught sight of who was at the door.

Her long lost sister, the daughter she gave away, and a boy who looked like he belonged in a boot camp.

"Raven." aunt Chrissy nodded solemnly.

"Chrissy, what brings you here?" Raven asked.

Before aunt Chrissy could answer I found my voice, "Hi, I'm Allyson Craine. I...i'm sorry this was out of the blue but I just had to see. See for myself that you were real." I said keeping my tone on the chipper side when I was really feeling the need to cry and runaway.

"I'm sorry but you have to go before my husband-"

"Rae, who's at the door?" A man asked coming to the door. Ravens eyes widened in fear as the man came to the door. "Hello, I'm Elliot Hudson."

"Elliot?" Aunt Chrissy breathed. The man staggered as his attention was on my aunt.

"Chrissy? I haven't seen you in nearly eighteen years. How are you?" he asked, shock evident on his face.

Aunt Chrissy couldn't form a sentence to save her life. Elliot looked at me and Mason as his eyes flickered with an unknown emotion.

"You must be Chrissy's daughter." he said awkwardly as he reached over to shake my hand.