Chapter Thirteen- I'd Rather Lick Shreks Foot

CHAPTER THIRTEEN- I'd Rather Lick Shreks Foot☑

So it's been a solid month since homecoming. The stitches I had from my appendix surgery were gone, I had managed to keep the envelope closed, and I had ignored Mason pretty well.

Now if you're asking why I'm ignoring a certain 'bad boy' it's because he's part of this secret. But it's not only him I'm ignoring; I've done the same to my parents and Aunt Chrissy.

I'm not going to lie, it had been a rough month. The aquarium had already set up funds to save itself financially, but nothing pulled through. Brie and Laine were annoyingly adorable-as are the rest of my coupled friends.

Okay, so I was a bit bitter. Everyone else's lives were falling into place and it seemed like mine was just going to crap....again.

How could I shame spiral twice in a single school year? This was a record, I'm sure of it.

I haven't been the most pleasant person to be around, and the only one who could actually  tolerate me was Grayson. Sweet, dough eyed, Grayson.

But I wanted him to go away too. I just wanted to be left alone and drown in my sorrows.

"Go away." I grumbled leafing through a magazine. I had stopped sitting with my friends at lunch started isolating myself in the library.

When Grayson didn't want to go away I hurdled the magazine at his figure behind me. "I said go away Grayson!"

"Okay first off, OW! Secondly, it's not Grayson." I turned around and quickly felt guilty, because I didn't know it was him.

"Laine what are you doing here? " I raised my eyebrow. I didn't consider Laine a friend of mine. Sure  he was going out with my best friend, and I had a crush on him most of my life, but we never actually sat down and talked.

"I came to check on you." He smiled wearily. I rolled my eyes, this reeked of Brie and Grayson. They had sent him to me. I didn't see why, it's wasn't like Laine affected me in any shape or form-at least not anymore.

"I'm fine as you can see." I grumbled, pulling out my sandwich and chomping it down. I know it wasn't not lady like, but I  didn't care. I eat for survival, not for show!

"No you're not." He stated, taking a seat next to me, "You've been ignoring all of us, we're your friends Ally."

I sighed and put the sandwich down, "I don't know why they made you come talk to me. It's fine, just tell them I need space and that I'm fine."

"No one sent me here. I came on my own will, we're all worried about you Al."

"You shouldn't worry, we're not even friends." I snorted, leaving no filter to myself. I sounded like a real jerk and by the hurt expression on Laine's face, I was a jerk.

"I consider you a friend Ally Cat." He frowned before he got up, I grabbed his wrist without thinking, stopping him dead in his tracks. He turned to me, his blue eyes piercing,

"I'm sorry Laine, I shouldn't have said that. It's just that we haven't really talked...at all. And I was annoyed because Brie and Grayson have been bugging me a lot lately. I just want to be left alone for a while you know? I've got a lot of crap going on and I just...I just need time. "I said rushing all the words out.

I stared at a very uncomfortable Laine before he cleared his throat and sat back down next to me, "I promise I'll get you out of this slump....and I think I know just how." He smiled wickedly.

"I don't like that smile." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

***

"I knew I wasn't going to like that damn smile!" I growled. Everyone laughed and ignored my panicked state.