Chapter Thirty One- We're Not Even In The Same Ocean

Chapter Thirty One-We're Not Even In The Same Ocean

"Mason you can't make me do this." I frowned throwing a piece of paper at him. Mason caught it effortlessly and chucked it into the trash can.

"I think it's a great idea. Don't you trust me?" he raised his eyebrow.

"As your girlfriend, I'm obligated to say yes aren't I?"

"Duh." he grinned kissing my cheek, softly. "Come on, she's your mom princess. Don't you want to talk to her?" he asked.

There was no clear answer. A part of me, the one that had longed for that biological connection, wanted so badly to forgive her. To give her a break, because she had did all she could to ensure I had a family who would love me.

I had her to thank for my mom and dad. I couldn't imagine my life without them. They were my home, regardless of what DNA said.

But another half of me, couldn't even face her. Despite her sacrifices and poor choices, I couldn't find it in me to forgive her. She had blatantly said she never wanted me. I had ruined her life and now I had to walk around with that weighing down on me.

I was a mistake. An error in her fast life. I broke Raven down and I know she had resentment towards me.

How could I possibly forgive her....when I was the problem?

"Mason, what do I even say?" I asked softly, to sooth the crack in my voice,"Sorry I ruined your life? So glad I found you though!"

Mason frowned and wrapped his arms around me. Without meaning to, he instantly gave me comfort. If not for a second, but it was what I needed. I closed my eyes and melted into his arms as he stroked my hair.

"Everything's going to pan out, I promise." he hummed softly.

"What do you suggest I do?" I mumbled softly.

"Talk to her. It won't be easy, but it's better than going through life wondering what you did wrong. If you don't at least talk, then the burning questions will eat away at you. Then one day you find yourself breaking into an aquarium because you just fell way too far from the path." he joked as a means to lighten the mood. However, I didn't find it funny, not even a little.

"Is that what happened with you?" I asked searching Mason's eyes for any clue. All I found were two blank grey eyes, that held neither light nor storm.

"No." he shook his head. "My mom never tried contacting me."

"Then I guess we're in the same boat." I said emotionless, relaxing into his arms again.

"No we're not. We're not even in the same ocean." I turned to glare at him.

"What do you mean by that?" I snapped angrily. Mason sighed and turned away from me, as if ashamed. My anger seemingly melted away at the sight.

"You have two mother's who want to be a part of your life. You have two mother's who love you without hesitation. I'd be lucky if I even had my mom acknowledge my existence." he spoke softly, he was vulnerable and he allowed me to see him.

To see him at bare minimal. He had been left. Left and forgotten by the one person who was supposed to love him without apprehension...without condition or cause. He didn't have that.

"Ally, you have something that millions around the world yearn for." he continued, but this time his stormy eyes turned to me. "You have the love of a mother...times two." he smiled letting the dimples of his cheeks showcase.

"You really think I should do this?" I frowned out of fear. Mason leaned in closely and captured my lips with his. It was quick, but quite effective in nearly giving me a heart attack.