Epilogue

Fast Forward 5 Years
M A S O N ' S POV

I was late....very late. So late, I was sure Laine had already bailed. Hopefully he waited, because He was the only one I trusted with this. Actually, he was the only one I considered qualified for the job.

I quickly dodged the rain that seemed intent on ruining my day. Being late wasn't really my fault. It was the endless rainfall that had plagued Clear Bay in the recent weeks. Since the shift in the weather, I had to leave my bike tucked away in the garage. I instead took a taxi into the city.

Ally insisted nearly a year ago that I sell 'that death trap'. But it was my baby, my pride and joy. Of course I refused, because I think Ally secretly loved my bike. She could deny it all she wanted but that bike was a symbol of the time we spent together. The late nights after she returned from oversees or when we were on break from school-- we'd climb the back of the bike and ride in the city. Usually late at night as the town slept, and the city was ours only.

She loved it, I could see in her face.

Since we graduated from JFK high, things had shook up. Ally and I went through a brief period where we tried to break up for college.

It was her idea--needless to say I didn't like it.

We spent our first summer together, then it ended in heartbreak. Ally insisted that a long distance relationship wouldn't have worked. She left for Puerto Rico two weeks later. We didn't see or talk to each other for eight months.

Any news of Ally came from my cousin Laine. He and his girlfriend stayed behind in Clear Bay, and Brie often talked to Ally. I didn't leave my culinary school in New York during the holidays, because home didn't feel right without Ally.

My dad and Laine both tried to coax me into moving on. I couldn't though, I still held hope for her. When everyone else thought our story was over. That we were officially done and over with, I wouldn't accept that.

For awhile it seemed as if I was the only person alive who held hope for Ally and I. Being in love with a girl since a kid, left me with some endurance. It was going to take more than time and distance to defeat me. As long as I still had hope, then Ally was still worth my fight.

Spring break came along, and I returned home. Little did I know, she did too. Our first few encounters were awkward. She tried to avoid me the first few days. But eventually she relented and agreed to a lunch date.

During the date, she had mentioned her birth parents. She told me, that Raven had once avoided Elliot. Then she said that once you're meant for someone, it's impossible to deny it.

We started our new beginning after that lunch date. For the next four years, we were together-- albeit apart. Ally and I went back to our schools. I returned to New York, and she went back to Florida. This time, we worked the long distance.

Together, over the course of the next three years, we communicated in any way possible. We called, text, video chatted, and even wrote letters. Then every holiday we returned to our sleepy beach town and spent it together. It was as if no time had passed every time we saw each other.

Sure it was hard. The long distance was agonizing, and at times it tested our relationship. But did you think we would give up easily?