Chapter Twelve - Spilled Beans

CHAPTER TWELVE - SPILLED BEANS

The warmth of the bed should have alarmed me, that and the fact that my face was currently in align with a hard worked chest. But oddly as a pair of arms flexed and pulled me in tighter I knew I didn't want to move.

Even if my neck was cramping up from my crouched position. My knee's were pulled up to my chin and I was burrowing in someone else's body heat.

"Where am I?" Mason groaned shifting beside me before stilling. "Shit what did I do?" He whispered to himself.

As gently as he could he pulled away from me. I didn't bother opening my eyes for maybe two reasons. One, I was bone tired and didn't even want to move a muscle. Two, I was curious as to what Mason would do.

Taking a peek from under my lashes I saw Mason pulling on his shoes and rummaging around my room for something else. I wanted to yell at him stop snooping but his gaze landed on me and his eyes widened.

Then it clicked. Mason was looking for his shirt, the one he told me to put on last night. If he didn't remember that then that meant he didn't remember that...

"Shit I'm sorry Ally." He whispered caressing my hair ever so softly, I had to resist the urge to moan in comfort, "You don't deserve me- I mean I don't deserve you."

What is he babbling on about?

Mason laughed humorlessly, "I can't even talk to you while you're asleep, how pathetic is that? I don't know what you're doing to me Allyson Craine, but I think I like it." Then his hand stilled in one spot and he sighed, "I promise I'll tell you everything one day, If you let me stick around longer than graduation...just know I really don't want to see you hurt. Don't trust everything your family tells you, they're keeping this secret from you but when you find out don't be too harsh on them."

Then the bed shifted as Mason got up. I heard his soft footsteps creak against the hard wood floor of my room. I stilled faking my unconsciousness until I heard the soft roar of Mason's car.

I sat up in bed and went through everything he'd just told me. My parents knew the secret too...and it was about me?

Things were getting too weird for me now. The secret, the girl Aunt Chrissy and Mason were trying to protect was me? That's why he told me to stop snooping. He didn't want me to find out because it was me, it was always me. There was no mystery girl, there was no need to find her and warn her because I just found her.

Walking down stairs I had the full intention of confronting both my parents. They were in on this secret and I wanted to know what it was. It couldn't be that bad could it?

Of course it's bad, Mason Reynolds didn't want you find out!

Ah the little voice returns...

Miss me?, she said rolling her eyes sarcastically.

Not in the least. Where the hell have you been? I have drama and you just bailed on me little voice!

You're the one who didn't want to listen to anything I had to say.

Fine, just tell me what to do...PLEASE!

Don't confront the parental's they'll tell you the truth in due time.

Screw that! Never mind I was better off without you

Rude much!

Only to idiots

I'm you, you buffoon

Oh...

As I ignored little me, I stomped all over the house in search of mom and dad. Finally I made it to dads office and a little white note was left on his desk. Picking it up I groaned in frustration.