Chapter Twenty Six- Mally Lives

Mason gazed down on me with a devilish grin. "You called me your boyfriend."

"No I didn't." I said quickly.

"Oh yeah, you totally said boyfriend." Brie annoyingly cut in. I gave her a glare worthy of an oscar. "W-we'll just go say hi to Davey." she stuttered pulling Laine away from her premature death.

I peeked at Mase through my lashes. How could I redeem myself from this blunder? Mason Reynolds, my boyfriend?

I'm sure after my slip- he was reconsidering his declaration of love.

"Say something princess." he smirked nudging my arm.

"I didn't mean to say that. I know we haven't exactly set any labels. In fact I really hate labels. I mean what are we, cans of soup? You're like delicious tomato soup and I'm like disgusting chicken noodle soup.  So I completely see if you feel like we should just throw in the towel before-" I rambled nervously when Mason cut me off with a heart-wrenching kiss.

Soon I threw all caution to the wind. My mind froze, my heart pounded, my hands raked Mase's hair, and my knees went weak.

The Mason effect.

"Sorry." he apologized in a deep raspy voice after he broke the kiss. "You were going crazy and I really wanted to kiss you."

"Thanks...I guess I got carried away." I smiled sheepishly.

"The label concept is stupid...." he trailed off cupping my face in his hand. His grey eyes held a light of a different kind. "But I did want you to say that. I want to be your boyfriend, if you want to be my girlfriend." he admitted.

"Are you crazy?" I said, Mason's face fell and I quickly added, "Of course I want to be your girlfriend. I just thought you didn't want that because you're Mason... The Mason Reynolds."

"You're not serious are you?" he groaned incredulously. "Stop saying my name like I'm some kind of fictional character."

"Well I can't help it." I shrugged, "You're not exactly known for your committing side. You're notorious in clear bay for being less than pleasant and you want to be with me? Me of all people." I scoffed when I heard how ridiculous I just sounded.

Mase narrowed his eyes and stepped away from me. I knew instantly I was in the hot seat. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He spat.

"It means that people are going to talk Mason. It's not going to be pretty and maybe we-"

"I'm not dating everybody else, I'm dating you Ally!" He shouted effectively cutting me off, "I know you're insecure or whatever, but you have to learn to take chances. I took a chance when I told you I-"

"Lalalala I can't hear you!" I cried out covering my ears to avoid hearing those three words.

Mason shouted out a string of cuss words before pinning my arms down. "I love you. I love you. I love you.I love you. I love you.I love you. I love you.I love you. I love you." He chanted in my face. All the while I sang she's kinda hot by 5SOS.

"What are you two doing?"

We both whipped our heads to our parents. Masons dad and my parents watched in amusement as we made fools of ourselves.

"I think they're having their first lovers quarrel." Masons dad muttered to my mom. She giggled, but dad didn't look too amused.

"She's too young for all this love talk!" Dad cried out tugging me away from Mason.