Chapter Three- Walking Cliché

CHAPTER THREE- Walking Cliché

In fourth grade, a new kid moved to town, and everyone adored him. He was kind, sociable, and everyone's favorite kid.

A month later another new kid moved to town. Like the first golden child, everyone expected to fall for him too. But this kid was his polar opposite. The newer kid was no golden child- if anything he was the devils spawn. Even as a child he had no means for respect. He hated authority and rarely talked-unless he was insulting you.

I was never one to judge solely on other's perspective. So I gave this new kid a chance. But the joke was on me, because he was everything they said he was.

One pair of shoelaces tied together. A nasty fall in front of the whole class. And the humiliation to last a whole school year as tripsy, that was all I needed stay away from that boy.

But I suppose it wasn't all that bad. That was the day Laine Miller entered my life. Like a knight to my ten year old fantasy, he swooped in and saved me.

Whilst I was humiliated as everyone laughed, Laine was the only one to help me up. It was then that my childhood crush snowballed into a seven year itch-an infatuation.

Borderline obsession of Laine Miller. The golden boy who stole my heart.

Mason was no more than a cautionary tale for me. He went on and garnered popularity of his own....actually it was more notoriety.

At first he was just a nuisance, with all his petty pranks. Man did I hate his stupid pranks. From stink bombs to putting dead frogs in the teachers seat, they were annoying. Yet he only pranked me once with the shoelace trick, I had grown irritated with his antics. But that was just elementary school. The worst came when we went to middle school.

I didn't think Mason could get any worse, but he did. He began to skip school and when he was here, he would give the teachers hell. He would talk back and threaten them. But that was just Mason on a good day, his worst days consisted of him getting into fights. And not just your run of the mill lunch brawls, where a few punches were thrown.

Oh no, these fights didn't end when the boys begged for mercy. They ended when blood was drawn, and even then Mason had to be satisfied with the damage he'd done.

Once, he beat Bryan Adams to a bloody pulp. But that's not what caught my attention. It was Bryans' girlfriend Missy that caught my eye. She screamed and tried to pry Mason off of Bryan, but Mason kept going as if he didn't even notice her.

Missy screamed and Mason's eyes snapped up and it was the scariest thing ever. His usual grey eyes were as dark as the sky right before a huge storm. I caught his eye that day. It was a rare occurrence but it happened.

The storm of his eyes faded. Before any of us could grasp what happening, he stormed off.

Like I said, it was a rare occurrence.

But if his fighting habits and those dark grey eyes didn't ward me off, it was his reputation with girls. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Mason Reynolds was a walking cliché. He was a man whore to show up all other man whores.

You would think that girls would be too scared to approach him, but they weren't. If anything, the girls at JFK high were courageous compared to the guys who never dared take a second glance at Mason.

They were lining up to jump in bed with him. A normal person would even justify them. Because Mason-though a horribe person to the core- was actually attractive.

I think he had that whole bad boy look down. The jet-black hair and a defined jaw line that guys would die for. His body was built and he seemed to have that whole smirk and smoldering thing down. If this were a movie, I think the directors would have a hard time finding a bad boy to replace him.