Chapter Nineteen- Exercise Freedom

"I feel like I shouldn't have seen that." Laine's voice pierced through the intense air.

My gaze snapped to Laine who was sitting on his bed, looking at me and Mason in amazement. He looked like he just walked in on his parents doing the deed.

"I should get going. My bus will be boarding soon." I mumbled.

"You can't leave." Mason insisted grabbing my wrist gently. However, he quickly realized a wrong move and pulled his hand back. "I mean, it's late and there might not be any running buses. And well we've already established you suck at protecting yourself."

"I'll do fine on my own." I frowned grabbing my suitcase and rushing to the door. I turned one final time and addressed both boys, "I'll see you later."

***

ONE WEEK LATER

"You're grounded for how long?" Brie asked shocked.

"Two weeks, not bad for someone who drove cross country though." I smirked shutting my locker.

The holiday season was over and school resumed. Mom and dad never found out where I ran off to. I know they want to know, but I'll let them suffer.

You know...because they fancy secrets so much!

"Are you going over to Grayson's tomorrow?" Brie asked searching the crowded hall for guess who...."LAINE!" She called out happily when she caught sight of prince charming.

"Hello beautiful." He smiled from ear to ear before pecking her on the lips. "Did you ask Ally yet?"

"I just did, silly." Brie giggled poking Laine in the chest.

"What did she say Babe?" He cooed tickling her sides. And soon they were in a full out tickle war calling out cute namesakes. I groaned and slammed my head against the locker.

"She said she'll fucking go if her friends promise not to screw each other in front of her!" I nearly yelled catching the attention of a few bystanders.

"Wait-but what about your parents? You're grounded, crap I forgot." Brie mumbled slapping her forehead.

"I need time out of the house." I shrugged.

"You're going to sneak out!" Brie gasped.

"You say sneak out, I say exercise my right to freedom." I smile slyly.

I caught a familiar brunette in the crowded hall. He looked my way and smiled. "Hey Ally Cat, you coming to my place?"

"Of course....but is Moseley ok with it?" I asked. Even though I knew nothing would ever happen between us, I didn't want to overstep Moseley. She made him happy and that meant I wanted to respect her.

"Yeah she's fine with it." Grayson muttered with a small smile.

I rolled my eyes, "She's not fine is she?" I raised my eyebrow

"More like she doesn't know."He winced. "B-but you should still come. You're my friend and it's about time you two got to know each other." Grayson ranted.

"I suppose you're right. So I'll see you at your place then?"

"Definitely." Grayson beamed pulling me into a bear hug.

Why do I feel like it'll be a night to remember?

***

It was friday night and mom and dad were downstairs watching t.v. I peeked around the corner and found mom's head resting on dad's shoulder. It was almost impossible to be mad at them.