Chapter Thirty Three- There's No Other Place For Me

"Mason, where are going?" I asked, holding onto his waist tightly. He remained silent, as the bike roared to life.

After what I had said in my bedroom, Mason had whisked me away. It wasn't all romantic like in the movies, where the guy scoops the girl up in his arms. He just sort of grabbed my arm and dragged me out in my pajamas and ratty slippers.

I didn't care though. I was on cloud nine, because I had finally said the three words that had on lived at the tip of my tongue for weeks now. He knew I loved him, and he loved me, all was well. All was right.

For once, things were going to be okay. Better than okay, things were perfect. I had a family that only grew stronger. I had a friendship that conquered it's hardest obstacle. I had made a new friend in Laine, who made my best friend feel like she was on cloud nine too.

But lastly, I had Mason. I didn't care if he raced his death trap motorcycle. Just as long, as I'm always there behind him to make the ride.

However, I seriously wanted to know where we were going.

"Mase?"

Still no answer.

"Earth to Mason!" I yelled over the howling current of the wind. Mason chuckled and briefly squeezed my hand before he put his hands back on the handles.

"I hear you princess." He said, and I could hear the smirk from his end. "We'll be there soon, just enjoy the ride."

I smiled and moved closer to his body. I tightened my arms around him and rested my head on his back. Then I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the ride.

***

"You can let go now, Incredible Hulk." Mase chuckled. I opened my eyes and slowly released my iron grip on Mason. He let out a big sigh of relief and rubbed his abdomen.

"Sorry." I mumbled sheepishly, clambering off the bike. "You brought me to the aquarium?" I said as a smile drew from my lips.

"If I recall correctly, I haven't taken you out on a proper date." He mused jokingly, before he offered me his hand like a gentleman. I narrowed my eyes, but still took his hand in mine.

"If I recall you said, 'Who needs a date, when I have you.' " I mimicked him, throwing his words back at him.

"Aww that's sweet princess. You are so cheesy sometimes." he smiled teasingly, pinching my cheek.  "But seriously Al, you're stealing my thunder. I'm supposed to be impressing you, not the other way around." he winked.

"You didn't have to take me out on a date just because I said I loved you." I said softly, intertwining my hand in his. His rough calloused hand squeezed my small hand and brought it to his lips.

"I'm not...."he smirked at me, "but it was a major plus."

"Mason Reynolds, what am I going to do with you." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Stop saying my full name Allyson Grace Craine." he huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Don't say my name." I retorted, "It doesn't sound as cool as yours."

"Come on," he smiled, tugging my hand as he approached the aquarium. "Your proper first date is waiting."

I followed after him and loved the feel of my hand in his. Mason smiled adorably and it baffled me that I could use that word to describe him. Eight months ago, the only word I could think of to describe him was-delinquent. But now that word was void of any truth.