𝚉𝚎𝚛𝚘

"I'm serious, rina" a tall bunny seethe, perched on a teacher's desk as he munched on a sandwich he wasn't enjoying. some bits of the sandwich spewed out of his mouth, landing on the desk nearby.

the owner of the desk clearly displeased as she wiped away the food, cringing her nose in disgust. she faced the seething bunny, lowering her glasses slightly for the bunny to see her eyes. "and you're telling me this because? "

"because your my best friend" the bunny said in a 'duh' tone, rolling his eyes after. no longer having the appetite nor energy to finish his sandwich, he placed back to its plastic before tossing it to the nearest table, unfortunately the same table from before.

"I'm serious too, jaems" the girl replied, using her pen to push the sandwich to the trashcan on the side of her desk. she turned again to the bunny, jaems. "I don't get why you can't bunny up and confess. you two can't just tiptoe in each other's feelings. I mean, I saw online that you shouldn't give mix signals to people who for love or to be in a relationship. it's clear that both of you need it, jaemin"

"that's the point, Karina" jaemin replied, pouting. "I too don't want to give mix signals but you know how he is. he's so—"

"unexpected? " karina suggested only to get a no from jaemin. she thought again. "unreadable? seriously, jaemin, you'll only get hurt if you keep this on. even your friend from another school said so and isn't this somewhat cheating. he's in a relationship. I know this isn't my place but you ready need to get things straight. in the end, jaems, you're the one who's going to get hurt. not him and anyone else. you"

karina is really worried about jaemin. the bunny was obviously blind to the truth. he was blind to realize that he was only being used by the person he's chasing. she already expected how broken the bunny would be when he realizes it and who else can he blame? himself obviously.

she picked up her papers, crumpling the top one before throwing it to jaemin to catch his attention. "hey" she called, watching as the bunny perked up, "we have a lot of council duty to do and moping around isn't going to help us. kun is going to kill me if I don't get these reports done by the end of the day"

"please, " jaemin rolled his eyes, familiar with the council president and editor-in-chief of their school paper. kun could be anything, that was the older's slogan during campaign period. "you do realize that kun is going to be the president until he graduates senior high, right? there's no use in trying to please him. and two, it's your job, not mine"

"then what are you supposed to do here? mope around of your failed love life? " karina snorted, rolling her eyes as she got up.

"excuse you but I am you publicists " jaemin replied proudly, jumping of the table and followed karina who was making her way to the stock room where the pens were. she needed a new one since winter failed to return hers. "you guys won't survive those gremlins without me. especially donghyuck "

"again, please" karina opened the stock room door, going in while jaemin waited by the door, leaning on the door frame with his arms over his chest. "you're just our errand boy"

"excuse you but this errand boy saves all your guts from getting bullied because quote unquote, "your incompetence ""

"are you really here to defend us or muck us? " Karina turned to jaemin, one brow raised up. she now had her pen and was waiting for jaemin to move to the side for her to exit. "because it sounds like mocking to me"

"can I do both? "

jaemin's answer and his teasing smile made the two friends burst out laughing. God, jaemin was insatiable in Katrina's opinion. he was so full of life and mockery that it was difficult to understand him. was he complimenting them or mokcing them? she never knows.

she playfully hit him on the chest, watching as the bunny dramatically staggered back, letting out a gasp (almost a moan but we don't do that) as he placed a hand on where karina hit.

"my heart" he faked a gasp, falling on his knees, mouth agape. "it's been shot"

"quit being dramatic, jaems" honestly, karina could already see the inside of her head with the made times she's rolled her eyes. she approached the bunny, flicking his forehead harshingly.

this time, jaemin howled in pain, hands flying to cup his stinging forehead. her nails were sharp and hard as fuck. he felt like he was hit. "yikes! what type of gel did they use to make your nails hards as fuck!? "

Karina scoffed. excused me but her names were done in the most high-end nail salon in their city. in fact, jaemin would know this because his family were one of the owners of it. she looked at her nails. so pretty. "dunno but we can test how hard it really is"

"yeah—no" jaemin quickly got up, hands still on his forehead. it stung like a bitch okay. "anyway, I came here for a reason"

"don't you always? you never come here unless the guys are too boring for your liking or kun called you here" karina giggled, walking back to her table with jaemin following. "but I'm guessing today is for moping"

"no shit like seriously, I came here for a reason" other than being their publicist, jaemin was like the messenger of the council. since not everyone was online, kun decided to use jaemin's expertise of finding people to good use. "and that's—"

❝hiya jaems, karina! ❞

karina felt her world stop, jaemin's voice being drowned in the background. her attention was at the girl who entered the room, the pretty smile adoring her cheeks and the way the jacket she wore over her soccer uniform— jersey shirt no. 15 and shorts— made her look handsome.

she felt heat rush to her cheeks and her body go stiff. keep cool, keep cool, she kept chanting in her brain as the girl approached them. her hands were  shaking. keep cool, keep cool, keep—

"karina, " jaemin called, eyes at the girl who looked like she could fill a bucket with her sweat. and mind you but it was freezing in the council room. "why are you sweating? it's winter"

-tbc-

other than sungtaro, I am in love with Winrina. so, to show you that, here's a short story about them. hehe don't worry I'll still update tarobihan on February. hi :)