𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"I...I love you"

Winter felt her world pause. She stared at the scene, heart breaking into a million pieces. Maybe yeji was wrong. She didn't have a tomorrow or love day.

Karina loves jaemin. She heard it loud and clear. How ironic on her part. It was the friend-to-lovers trope. And to add more salt to her wound,jaemin was beaming, smiling so wide that she wondered if it hurt. Karina was as well. Jaemin must have returned the feelings. how nice...for the lovely couple.

She turned away from the sight, closing the door as quietly as she could. She was just going to give her report. karina when she heard those words. How pitiful.

"Maybe yeji was wrong. I...I don't have tomorrow'. winter smiled in disdain, blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall and that heavy feeling in her heart. Was the feeling of heartbreak? Gosh it hurts. It's like her poor heart was being smashed by a hammer by jaemin, the bunny showing a smug smile as he does so. Okay, maybe she's exaggerating on that part, jaemin won't ever do that. He's too kind. But you get the point.  She wiped the stray tear on her cheek. " I..I need to cool down."

The next day

"Maybe she was reading something. You know, I heard from sunoo she likes wattpad. Or maybe she was reading a script or following some lines in a drama". yeji gasped out, trying to keep up with winter's fast pace. They just finished their biology class and were zooming to the cafeteria. She huffed. She didn't know why winter was acting so cold to karina. She liked the girl, so why was she so cold?

''Or maybe because she actually likes him'' winter seethed, abruptly coming to a stop and turned around, making yeji crash into her. The two girls stumbled respectively. She gave yeji a look. Maybe I got it all wrong. I mean, why would someone as cool as karina say yes to me? He is obviously the best choice."

"Is he?" Yeji fixed her things, grabbing winter's wrist and moving them to the side. She then perched her things on the ledge. "Look, I'm not that close with jaernin but I know, you know even that he won, see karina the same way you do. You know him. He likes—"

"karina"

"jeno!" Yeji exclaimed in frustration, unknowingly catching the said jeno who stopped by listen. "Look, don't jump into conclusions. Yes, they somewhat make a good pair but he and yeonjun make a better one. Why settle for good when you can have better?" She placed a hand on her hip, giving winter an exasperated look. ''And karina isn't his type. We know that." she said with an eye roll.