𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

karina took in steady breaths, trying to calm down her racing heart. Winter was beside her, chatting away about the latest gossip on their level. they were  asked by jaemin to deliver the printed copy of the school newspaper since he was too busy running around the school.

"and guess what, rina"

karina hummed, fighting the urge to look at winter because she knew the moment she turned her head, it would be the end of her. she stood strong, slightly tossing the box full of newspaper.

"jeno's little girlfriend found out it was jaemin who wrote the letter"

"she what!? " karina abruptly stopped and nearly dropped the box, nearly ruining the papers the school paper worked hard on. she turned her head to winter, ignoring the nervous feeling that ran through her body. she was too shock at the news. "when? how? where!? "

"I don't know " winter replied sadly. it was ningning who told her about it. apparently one of ningning's classmates, who was a previous classmate of jaemin, recognized the handwriting. not to mention that jeno's and jaemin's handwriting was very different. "but she knows it wasn't jeno. ningning says that she's thinking it's jaemin "

goodness, karina sighed. see how she isn't even focused on her own problem. this just shows how she's more intruiged in nomin than winrina . what? it was a name yeonjun suggested and she liked it and kept it. end of story, no objections.

she looked away from winter and continued walking,  pout on her cute red lips. maybe that's why jaemin was running around the place. he was ignoring jeno. "stupid" she unconsciously muttered.

"who is? " winter asked, walking behind the tall girl. she was curious. she knew karina and jaemin were close and their little gang. they probably knew more about the entire situation between jeno, his little girlfriend, and jaemin. "rin—"

"jaemin is" karina answered in frustration, gripping the box tighter. if she saw jaemin, she wouldn't hesitate to throw it at his direction. she was strong. she could manage. "I know I don't have that much of a say but this is getting ridiculous. I know jaemin knows his limits but it seems like before he could even cross them, there's already an effect. "

"meaning? " winter was confused. she knew jaemin wasn't the type to break his limits. he had class and knew that if he did, it would only bring trouble. what she didn't understand was how he somewhat broke them.

"jaemin is going to cause all the wreckage " karina replied. she forgot that it was winter who was beside her. her voice was firm, confident and she felt strong. cool for a better word. "and he's going to have a hard time fixing it."

"wait" winter went ahead before stopping in front of karina, arms spread like a barrier. Karin knew that it was sign to stop so she did, letting out a soft grunt as the box softly jabbed her stomach. "you mean, he's going to mess things up? "

"e-exactly " karina nodded her head. the cool feeling quickly left the same way it arrived. the girl remembering that it was winter she was talking to, not any of her friends. she felt her legs shake, almost buckling. her once calm heart was beating crazily again. good heavens she's going to melt. "he... uh.. is going to be the reason for... uh... "

"bad endings? " winter offered, brows raised.

karina nodded her head, voice lost as she stared at the girl in front of her. why was winter so hot? it was so different from her nickname. winter meant freezing cold temperature that can freeze your heart, not something heart that can set your heart in a blaze. she did not need someone to attack her heart that way.

winter pursed her lips, something that made karina just want to drop the box she was carrying and wrap her arms around the younger's waist and pull her into a kiss. they do say a kiss can contain that thousand words.

"then does that mean we can't have our own happy ending together? "

"eh? "

🥵

stupid stupid stupid

"STUPID"

Hyunjin looked away from his phone, turning his head to jaemin who was manning the counter. they were in na dough, a bakery and cafe located in their city that jaemin's family owned. it was just on of the many businesses they owned.

"don't ask me" jaemin was busy computing today's sales to even look up but he knew hyunjin was referring to karina who was repeatedly stamming her head on the table.

it was just the three of them as karina dragged them out of the school the moment the dismissal bell rang. the girl made sure they already held their bag before garaging them by their ids and dragging them out of the school. the boys had no say to it as the girl paid no attention to their protests.

and by karina's luck, the cafe was empty. business wasn't slow, it was just people didn't think visiting it was worth for the day. that gave freedom for the trio to do whatever they want. jaemin also decided to close early for the day.

"she's so" karina raised her head, bright red bruise on her forehead. Hyunjin passed his glass of ice cold water to the girl. she didn't take it, instead she made her hands look like she was strangling air. "annoying but I find it hot"

Hyunjin gave her an exasperated look. "winter again? seriously, rin, if you can't say all those frustrations better write it down. like a confession of something"

"yeah like confession paper or diary. journal if you don't want it to sound to girly or middle school like. in face, here" jaemin was done with accounting and approached the two, holding a small booklet and pen. it was an expensive pen. he handed the booklet to karina. "I used to write on those, especially with my stories but I learned writing online is more efficient. but don't take my word for it. writing on paper is the best of you're starting. take the traditional road. pen and—"

"we get it, jaems" hyunjin snorted, pulling the chair for jaemin. "but jaems is right. write it down and maybe when you confess, you can take some inspiration from there. you know, summarize the shit you write into one big grand confession"

"you think this would work? " karina stared at the blue leather booklet. it had a capital letter K in times New roman and was circled with leaves. it was like it was made for her. she flipped it open, seeing a : For karina

in jaemin's best handwriting. she was touched. it really was made for her.

"I knew the day would come that you would need one so I got one from the store. there are a lot by the way" jaemin explained, handing the girl the pen he also got. it was a blue fountain pen. "you ca  use this pen or another. just be honest with your words. no one is going to read it anyway "

"yeah except us" hyunjin  snorted. "honestly, jaems, just how many things do you have? "

-𝐭𝐛𝐜-