one

Harper

The man in front of me didn't smile, nor did he give any hint as to what he was feeling but I knew him better.

It's his eyes that told the story.

"Harper." He breathed out as if he too thought this was a dream.

"Ace."

A smile broke out on my face as I gazed up at him.

He changed so much yet so little. The most noticeable difference about him was his height. It's not even funny. Either he just grew or I shrunk.

The familiar sense of home drifted over me. He was really here. He came to find me, just like he had promised.

"Hi." I said.

"Been a while." He said.

"Yeah." I laughed lightly. I was feeling so many things all at once.

I think my heart was going to explode out of happiness.

Even after all this time, he had that effect on me.

I wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and hug him tightly. Obviously, in this situation that would be a little... strange.

So I just stood there, my arms lamely resting by my side as I contemplated the urge to wrap my arms around him and kiss him senseless.

I had a feeling that if I did do that, he'd push me off the bridge.

That thought led me to refrain from doing so. Should I make a run for it?

As much as I was happy—like really really happy that he was here, I had no idea what to say, how to act. It's been so long since I last saw him.

My kind flooded with questions.

Had he moved on? Most likely not, if he came all the way here to find me. Then again, it's been three years. I don't expect him to still have feelings for me.

That day, I left him behind. He as every right to move on. Well, so do I.

He's hurt me too.

But I don't want him to, the selfish part of me thought.

"What's on your mind?" I huffed out a small laugh as those words left his lips.

It caught me off guard, his voice sounded even more deeper than it was before, if that was even possible.

Oh how I missed his voice.

I smiled absentmindedly, thinking back to all the times he'd asked me that.

The memories flashed through my mind. Deja vu, one would call it.

"Nothing. Do you uh, wand to grab a coffee maybe?"

I immediately mentally facepalmed, it's almost midnight.

"You like coffee now?"

I made a face and he knew even after the years went by, my dislike for plain coffee still stood.

Shaking his head in amusement he said, "Same old Harper."

I wanted to say that I have changed but my opinions on certain things certainly have not.