seven

Harper

"How do you know about all these places?" I asked, once we were seated at a nice table on the patio.

The cafe was called "The metro". It was french owned and extremely cute. Something you'd probably only see in romance movies.

And I sure felt like I was in one.

"I have my ways."

I rolled my eyes and picked up the menu, "Mysterious as always."

He chuckled and leaned back in his seat. He spread his legs apart slightly to make himself more comfortable.

Why are you even looking?

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

Clearing my throat, I feigned an obnoxious judgmental stare. "You're slouching. That's not very proper Morano."

"My apologies, M'lady." he said, fixing his posture.

A smile broke out onto my face, "Why do guys always do that?"

"Do what?"

"The slouching and bad posture." I thought about it, "Is it uncomfortable for you... when you sit?"

His eyebrows shot up at my random question. I gave him a long stare, waiting for him to respond.

He wetted his lips, "Only if you have a big d-"

"Okay okay."

He chuckled deeply and a waiter came up to our table to take our orders.

I did the talking while he sat there, brooding and grumpy as usual.

I ordered two chocolate filled croissants, a cold brew coffee for myself and a plain black coffee for him, just how he liked it.

I asked if he wanted anything else, he said no. Nonetheless, I was going to make him eat the chocolate croissant.

But if he really didn't want it, that's more for me then.

The waiter left and I looked back at him. He was staring down at his phone, smirking.

As if sensing my gaze, he brought his attention back to me, raising an eyebrow.

"What are you smirking about?"

He shook his head, showing me his phone. I looked at the screen, frowning and smiling at the same time.

I flicked my gaze back to his, "That's me."

He snuck these photos while I was too busy admiring the art at the gallery.

My back was facing him and somehow, he got all the right angles.

There were at least twenty pictures or more. All starring myself. My back profile to be precise.

My smile widened, "Send them to me." he nodded once and I heard my phone buzz in my tote bag. "Now you're acting like me."

"You're stalker tendencies have rubbed off on me."

"You're the one who literally followed me everywhere." I pointed out, reminiscing the times he'd randomly show up. 

"And you would take photos of me at every given opportunity."

"I had to capture the moment."

"I bet you have tons of albums full of photos of me."

Guilty.

"Perhaps." I said, with a mischievous glint in my eyes.

I do actually. I have three albums, all full of photos of him. Of us.