ten

Harper

I turned away from him, without a second thought and pushed passed the crowd.

I needed to get out of here.

I crossed my arms over my chest, around myself. I felt cold, not physically. It was as if he stripped me of the warmth I had inside, drained me of it.

I didn't know I was crying until I tasted my tears. I wiped them and thanked the saints it was dark in here. Nobody could see me.

I looked around for Nora then began panicking. What if something happened to her?

I remembered she was talking with the guy, by the bar? I think.

I took my chances and made my way over. Relief drifted over me as I found her sitting next to the guy. They were still talking and I had a good feeling about them.

I slowly walked towards the pair, not wanting to be a bother. She saw me and concern filled her eyes.

"Harper? You alright?"

"Yeah." I didn't sound like someone who was alright. Nonetheless, I forced a smile.

"Do you want to head out? It is getting late."

"But you're" I paused, pointing to the guy, who was busy talking to the bartender now.

She shook her head, "That's Aaron. Don't worry about it. I got his number." she winked.

I managed a small laugh and nodded, "Then yeah. Is it okay if we leave?"

"Of course. I'm getting tired," she noticed my slightly smudged eyeliner and mascara, "What happened?"

"I ran into him."

She knew who 'he' was.

"Oh my got. That jerk. Next time I see him, I'm going to fight that bitch-"

I placed over my mouth, "He might hear you."

"So?"

My gave her a look, "He owns this place."

"Really?"

"Yes." I replied.

And true to my words, he was standing not too far away from us.

In his favour, she didn't see him. He got lucky.

"Can we just go?"

"Yeah, I have to pee. I'm just going to say bye to Aaron." She left, then came back shortly after. Her lipstick was smudged a little. I gave her a knowing smirk, "Shut up, you." I laughed and linked our arms together.

"You know what will cheer you up?" she said, as we exited the club. I raised an eyebrow. "That bubble drink you like so much."

"Bubble tea? You want to get bubble tea right now?"

"Yeah."

"Did I ever tell you, I love you?" I whispered.

"No. You've never told me that. I love you." As if it were the funniest thing ever, I giggled.

She unlocked her car. We got in our respective sides. I leaned back against my seat, sighing. "No, me more."

"Are we one of those couples?"

"Probably." I replied.

We both made a face then bursted out laughing. I had to clutch my stomach, fighting back tears.

This made me feel a lot better.

"You don't need that jerk, you have me," she said after a while.

I frowned, "He's a nice jerk."