15: Helpy...Afton?

"Alright, bud! Come and get it!" Mike called out, looking at the waffles before his eyes went black. "...shit, I hope the syrup doesn't do anything..."

Helpy then came out, the biggest smile across his face he climbed onto the chair. Or, tried too. The chair he was trying to get onto was still too big for him.

Mike snorted before grabbing a step stool and sliding it over to Helpy.

"Thanks, Mike." Helpy said with his signature giggle, sitting down and licking his lips at the sight of the waffles. He then dipped his index finger into the syrup and put it in his mouth. He blinked before giggling. "Yummy! A little sticky though."

"That's syrup for you." Mike said, his eyes going from black to its white pupils again.

Helpy hummed as he grabbed a fork. "Could you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"The black eye thing!"

"Ohhh, that! Yeah, I learned how to turn my eyes completely black if I wanna be scary." Mike said with a smirk. "Halloween's pretty fun."

"Yeah! You get candy!" Helpy smiled, his eyes sparkling at the thought. He never had a Halloween before. Or a Christmas. Or Easter. Or Valentines Day. Or Saint Patrick's Day. Or April Fools Day. Or even National Fast Food Day. And he LIVED at a restaurant.

Mike chuckled. "That you do...so, kiddo. I do have a question."

Helpy tilted his head as he ate his breakfast, the little head tilt itself being adorable as well.

"So, yesterday night...you called me something interesting."

Helpy was very confused, trying to remember...before his eyes went wide and he dropped his fork, his face turning red from embarrassment. "O-Oh! That! Hehe! U-Uhhh, just i-ignore that! Heh!"

Mike smiled before setting a hand on the bear cub's. "Helpy. I've practically been taking care of you this whole time, and if you weren't at that fire? I would've just accepted my fate and died right there. You've made this curse of immortality...actually worth living. You have NO idea how happy I was that night when I heard the words 'Papa'."

Helpy gasped softly before his eyes watered and a smile crept upon his face. "R-Really...?"

Mike smiled more and nodded. "Call me 'Papa' or 'Dad' all you want, kiddo. Cause any man would be lucky to be your father."

Helpy rushed into Mike's arms, hugging him tightly with a smile and tears of joy.

Mike hugged back, holding his new son close.

"I love you, Papa."

"I love you too, kiddo."

01001101 01100101 01100001 01101110 01110111 01101000 01101001 01101100 01100101 00101110 00101110 00101110

Vanessa looked at the VR headset, her pet bunny hopping into her lap. She didn't notice he was even there. She just kept staring at the headset before closing her eyes.

"Vanessa."

Vanessa's eyes went wide and she shot up, her pet bunny hopping out of her lap. She breathed heavily. "N-No...not again...p-please..."

"Calm yourself. There is no use in whining."

Vanessa stared at the headset again, already feeling the voices of this person grow inside her head. She then grabbed the headset, throwing it over her head.

And soon enough, she came face to face with a grinning rabbit. But it wasn't an animatronic like the rest in this VR game. He was completely golden, with a purple vest and bowtie of the same color. His eyes were also purple, and glowing at that.

"W...What do you want from me...?" Vanessa whispered, trembling.

The rabbit smirked, his voice no longer echoing since she was staring right into Vanessa's green eyes. "I want your help, Vanessa."

"W-With what?!"

"It's best if I explain." The rabbit said before the game suddenly glitched to the main stage, where Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie The Bunny, and Chica The Chicken performed. "I want my freedom. I want to be out in the real world." He then chuckled. "You didn't think I was ALWAYS a virus, did you?"

"N...No..."

"My old name was William Afton." The rabbit said. "I was-"

"One of the co-owners of Fazbear Entertainment! You...you're the Fazbear Killer!" Vanessa exclaimed, backing into her couch.

The rabbit grinned. "You catch on quick. But I go by a different name...call me Glitchtrap."

"G-Glitchtrap...?"

Glitchtrap grinned and nodded before he suddenly glitched in front of her face, startling Vanessa with his wide smile. "YES...but I am getting off topic, my dear. I want your help. I want to be free."

"I-I would never help a murderer! A-All I did was grab some tapes and...and then you did something to my brain!"

"I merged with you." Glitchtrap smirked. "Now? You and I are ONE...but I don't want to harm you, Vanessa. Far from it."

His purple eyes then started to glow as he looked into her green eyes. He then smirked wider. "Don't you want more out of your pitiful life...?"

"H...Huh?"

"Look at yourself, Vanessa. Right now, you will never be remembered. Working for a company whose famously known for its murderous past that it will never be able to fix. In their eyes, you are a puppet. Someone who can be left behind. Your parents raised someone who will only be remembered by them."

"T...That's not true!"

"Is it...?" Glitchtrap asked. "You have a degree in computers, and you're stuck as a security guard for a warehouse of the company's rotten and old junk. Standing there for hours and hours on end. Your endless years of studying will never be put to use. And even when they are? What use will they be to the world? TO YOU?"

Vanessa was dead silent before looking into his purple eyes. They were the same as when he 'merged' with her. She couldn't look away...

"Precisely...but look at me. You know my name, even if I'm a criminal. Everyone in this miserable planet knows my name." He then smirked. "Do you want to be remembered?"

"Y...Yes..."

"Do you want to be known?"

"Yes."

"Then I can help you. And you can help me." Glitchtrap smirked. "The whole world will know your name, Vanessa...tell me. Do your friends call you by anything?"

"N...No...I don't...have any friends..."

"Well...you have one now."