10: Candy Cadet

Helpy was taken to Mike's home for the night, and while that wouldn't be too much of a big deal...It was since he was a sentient machine. Although Helpy was absolutely heartbroken, he was a little excited to see where Mike went to after every day passed by.

Eventually, they reached Mike's house and Helpy stepped out and then became surprised. "Whoa..."

Sure, the house was small, but it was big enough to fit at least a family of 5 people. It wasn't the grandest place around, but it certainly looked like a place you could stay in and enjoy the experience. But Helpy just looked to love at it, he had never seen a house other than Henry's shop, and even that wasn't a house.

"Welcome to my home, little buddy." Mike said as he led Helpy inside.

When he was brought inside, Helpy felt something that for once wasn't wood or floor on his feet(?). It felt soft and actually nice to walk on. Helpy walked around a little more and then curiously bounced onto a couch. "What is this?" He asked curiously.

"That's a couch, Helpy." Mike said with a snort.

Helpy let out an awed noise and bounced on it a little and managed to find his happiness once more. "This is fun!"

"Helpy, please try not to-"

"OOF!" Helpy cried out as he suddenly bounced and then fell onto the floor.

"...Fall..."

Helpy actually managed to sleep that night and found out why Mike was late sometimes. He would often never get up unless he had coffee, which sadly, Helpy had no idea how to make. But once they arrived back at the pizzeria...Helpy felt a little sad. He liked being at somewhere new. Maybe once they fixed Lefty, he could take him there! Or...would he even fit in the car?

"Alright, Helpy, you can go play around a little bit and I'll go fix Lefty before we open up." Mike said.

Helpy looked up at his friend. "Do you need help? I've heard Lefty is softest-cated." He said, not being able to say 'sophisticated' correctly because well, he wasn't exactly a student at school.

Mike laughed a tiny bit before heading into the workshop, reluctantly leaving Helpy alone.

Helpy quickly avoided the Ball-Pit at all costs and went to play some arcade games before seeing a weird animatronic with a UFO head nearby. Although it seemed to be more an attraction than an animatronic. It also had a slot to put in a quarter, but after seeing supposedly un-alive things come to life, he was suspicious about its dormancy.

So, the little bear cub walked over and knocked on it, but there was no response, giving Helpy reassurance that it wasn't evil. "Phew." He said aloud and then tried to find a quarter to see what it did. He searched all around the pizzeria until finding one underneath Pigpatch's foot.

"Thanks, Pigpatch!" Helpy said cheerfully.

The pig animatronic didn't respond until his programming randomly said. "The talented hawk hides his claws...Which caused it to lose its allowance like I did. Never before have I thought I'd be robbed by a small bear." He said sadly before going back into shut down.

Helpy walked back over to the weird UFO robot and inserted the quarter and suddenly it was covered in colorful lights.

"I am Candy Cadet. I have candy all day. Everyday. Candy. Candy. Candy. Candy." It said and then some cheerful music began to play.

Helpy felt a little bummed out just by the robot's voice, but shrugged and pressed the button on his chest and out came a chocolate candy. "Ooh!"

"Now I will tell you a story about a little boy. He had a red snake that he kept in a metal cage whose hunger could not be satisfied. One day, the boy found five baby kittens outside his house. He brought them inside and kept them in a shoebox. He knew that the snake might kill them, but could not bring himself to get rid of the snake. He knew that if he chose one kitten to feed to the snake, it might be satisfied, but he could not choose. So, he went to bed, leaving the cage open. The snake went to the shoebox, chose a kitten at random, and ate it. After five nights had gone by, the boy was full of regrets, and cut the snake open. He pieced the remains together and put the kitten back into the shoebox." Candy Cadet finished and then the sound of an air horn played, hurting Helpy's ears.

Helpy covered his ears. "OW!" He exclaimed before gently kicking Candy Cadet. "Don't do that!"

"That did not hurt as much as the time I was deleted from the roster of Ultimate Custom Night." It said.

"Umm...Are you ok?" Helpy asked, now regretting making the choice to kick him.

Mike eventually came in baring confusing and terrible news, but saw Helpy talking to the lifeless attraction and tilted his head. "Uhh...Helpy? You do know that thing isn't alive, right?"

Helpy turned and called out, "Yeah! This robot just told me a sad story about a snake and a cat!"

"...What?"