8: Nightmare

After saying goodbye, Mike said he would be a little late tomorrow, saying he would 'need some time to process what just happened'. Helpy, of course, understood and went into his quarters to shut down in peace. Usually, during the night shifts, he'd be terrified of going to sleep alone because of all the killer robots in the building, but he slowly and surely got used to it after what Mike told him.

'You'll feel better when you fall asleep.' He had told the little bear cub.

Helpy smiled a little at the words for some reason before crawling into his little makeshift bed since he found it uncomfortably to stand while in shut down. When he had the blankets over him, he shut down all his systems and closed his optics. Little did he know what awaited him during shut down...

Helpy awoke, but he quickly screamed when he saw he was in a place with nothing in it. Literally nothing, not even a wall, ground or even roof. He was just in an empty black void with him being the only piece of color. In fact, the little bear cub was just hovering in the void, not even knowing if walking would work in the dimension he was in.

"H-Hello? I-Is anyone there?" The bear whimpered, hoping someone would be able to get him back home.

There wasn't a kind word...But rather an evil chuckle coming from directly behind him. Then, he felt a heavy and shivering breath on his shoulder. Helpy felt chills go down his spine and turned around to see a giant black bear staring at him with glowing red eyes.

The bear was huge and horrifying. Its glowing red eyes pierced through anyone's soul and his teeth were razor sharp along with his claws, which had mysterious red liquid dripping from both things. He actually had a mouth on his belly, one that actually growled at the bear cub. The only thing that was unsettling was the fact that it was wearing a yellow hat and bow tie.

Helpy screamed and tried to run away, but there was no ground to run on, so the bear grabbed him, his hand as big as his entire body.

The bear chuckled and stroked his claw across Helpy's cheek, finding joy in his shivering and trembling terror. "Do be scared, little one. I quite enjoy it..."

Helpy couldn't help himself and screamed again, trying to break out of the bear's grip, but to no avail. His grip was iron clad.

The bear's chuckles turned into horrifying laughter. "Everything new scares you, doesn't it? It's why I'm here."

"W-W-W-W-Who a-a-are you...?" Helpy whimpered, clearly crying.

The bear grinned. "I have no name. I am just a ghost in children's heads whenever they see the remnants of Freddy Fazbear's...I am HIS wickedness made of flesh." The bear spoke. "But, please, just call me Nightmare."

"W-W-W-Where am I?" The bear cub asked, not calming down in the slightest.

"In a void." Nightmare replied simply. "My void. All who see me in their dreams enter this place."

"T-This is a dream...?" Helpy asked, beginning to get what the nightmarish bear named Nightmare was saying.

"Indeed it is. It's your dream. It's what called me to you....But it's interesting. You're completely mechanical in form, but you have a part of a soul and a brain wave that tells you to act this way. I've never seen anyone like you before."

"Y-Y-You h-haven't?" Helpy asked.

Nightmare shook his head before beginning to laugh and lick his fangs with his snake like and metal tongue. "It'S wHy I kNoW yOuR hOrRoRiFiC fEaRs WiLl Be ThE tHiNg I cOnSuMe."

Helpy went wide eyed and they only grew wider as the bear lifted its jaw and with one last scream, the jaw bit down...

The bear cub's eyes snapped open and his body lunged forward with a loud and terrified scream. Beginning to cry, the bear looked around and saw that he was back in his room, it truly was a dream. 

But Helpy still shook from fear. Terrified out of his own mind, he grabbed his blankets and wrapped them around his body like a cocoon, shaking and gripping onto them.

The bear cub didn't sleep at all that night and the saying Mike told him now meant nothing.