11: The Salvaged

The next day, Mike had...lied to the little bear. Because when he went into the room to fix Lefty the other day, the black bear was nowhere in sight as if it had just vanished. The only thing in his place was a cassette tape that played an all too familiar song from 1987. So, to not break the little one's heart anymore, he lied and said that Lefty was in the Parts And Service. Despite it tearing apart his technically beating heart, he didn't want to see the bear cub cry again. It hurt him both physically and mentally to see such a creature of a happiness burst into tears.

They were in the office again and the restaurant was already opened and Helpy heard all the screams of joy. Especially since this was the first day 'Rockstar Freddy' and his crew was on stage, and it seemed that they loved all of it. Helpy even tapped his hand on the table to the beat.

Mike smiled, not only at Helpy, but at the fact that this was one of the nights where no killer robots were relentlessly attacking him...But their hope was short lived for his monitor began detecting four signals. He quickly swore under his breath and played audio to lure two of the signals away and then shut off his monitor to not make too much noise to alert the two other ones to their presence.

Helpy went stiff and silent, figuring that whenever Mike shut off the monitor, he needed to be quiet.

Then, the sound of crawling began to echo, followed by a female voice whispering, "You should've known I'd find you..."

Mike stayed silent and used another audio lure the moment he got another chance and heard the reliving sound of Scrap Baby crawling away from the in the vents.

But then, he heard familiar laughter and then wirey tendrils grabbed him and slammed him against the wall rapidly.

"MIKE!!!" Helpy screamed before being grabbed by boney fingers, the claws touching his neck and top of his chest, feeling like they could stab it without even trying.

Scraptrap laughed. "Seems like you're finally cornered, Michael."

Mike snarled at his father, despite being tied up by Molten Freddy's wires. "Let go of Helpy and maybe I won't rip off your teeth and shove them in your skull!" He threatened.

Scraptrap laughed evilly. "Your threats do not scare me, and they never will." He tightened his grip on Helpy's neck. "And unless you surrender yourself, the bear dies."

"Never-" Mike then saw Helpy squirming in Scraptrap's grip and he was failing, if Scraptrap gripped any tighter, his endoskeleton's neck would snap.

Molten Freddy cackled. "WHAT WILL IT BE?! YOUR LIFE OR THE TOY?"

Mike knew his choice now, so with a sigh, he looked at his father. "...I surrender. Just...let him go."

Scraptrap grinned and then dropped Helpy onto the ground and walked over to Mike, smiling a toothy grin. He then turned to Molten Freddy. "Bring him to Elizabeth and Lefty. They'll finish him."

"OF COURSE, MASTER!" Molten Freddy said, his voice sounding like multiple people before he slithered away with Mike in his grip, Scraptrap following him.

Helpy coughed and then replayed what Scraptrap had said...He had Lefty. He had Mike. Despite being weak, Helpy knew he had to do something, so he grabbed the taser Mike had set on the table and then crawled after them.

After a little while of silent crawling, he reached a room where a controlled Lefty, a demonic rabbit, a scary clown with his friend in her grip, and a mangled mess of a bear all standing, waiting for Scrap Baby to finish off Mike.

"You played right into our hands. Did you really think that this job just fell out of the sky for you? No. This was a gift, for us. You gathered them all together in one place, just like he asked you to. All of those little souls in one place, just for us. A gift. Now we can do what we were created to do, and be complete! I will make you proud, daddy!" She said to her father, who nodded, grinning evilly. "Watch, listen, and be full!" She said, but then stopped when she heard the sound of something...burning.

Helpy sniffed the air and then gasped when he turned around and saw the office was actually on fire! The little bear cub quickly took action and jumped out, shocking Scrap Baby and forcing her to drop Mike.

"GET HIM!!!" Scraptrap screamed, and Lefty soon lunged at his little brother, grabbing him by his arm...But as he stared at him, his eye turned back into his yellow color and he set Helpy down and suddenly lunged at Scraptrap, beginning to fight all three of the salvages.

"LEFTY!!!" Helpy shouted, wanting to run over, but Lefty stopped him after he punched Scrap Baby down to the floor and tackled Molten Freddy down. 

"GO!!! DON'T LOOK BACK!!!" He said as his suits' arm was torn off, revealing someone else inside him, but his eye suddenly went black, showing that whoever was with him, was fighting with him as well.

Helpy wanted to refuse, but he helped Mike to his feet and was quickly swept up in Mike's arm and the two tried to escape and once they made it into a room that thankfully had an exit that led to the street, a door closed down on a vent, and then a message began to play on the speakers.

"Connection terminated. I'm sorry to interrupt you, Elizabeth. If you still even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive a gift. Nor, have you been called here by the individual you assume. Although, you have indeed been called. You have all been called here. Into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit. A maze with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust of blood has driven you in endless circles. Chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near. It's somehow out of reach. But, you will never find them. None of you will. This is where your story ends. And to you, my brave volunteer, who somehow found this job listing not intended for you. Although, there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well. I am nearby. This place will not be remembered and the memory of everything that started this, can finally begin to fade away. As the agony of every tragedy should. And to you monsters trapped in the corridors. Be still. And give up your spirits. They don't belong to you. As for most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps, warm, waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole. So, don't keep the Devil waiting, old friend. My daughter, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up in their arms, the way you lifted others into yours. And then, what became of you, I should have known, you wouldn't be content to disappear. Not my daughter. I couldn't save you then. So, let me save you now. It's time to rest, for you, and for those you have carried in your arms... This ends. For all of us. End communication." Then, the message beeped and screams began to fill the air, showing that the animatronics were burning.

"LEFTY!!!" Helpy screamed, hopping out of Mike's arms to run back for him, but Mike grabbed his arm.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!"

"B-BUT, LEFTY-"

"HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR YOU, HELPY. DON'T LET HIS SACRIFICE GO IN VAIN BY GOING BACK FOR HIM." Mike told/shouted.

Helpy badly wanted to go back, but then saw that it was too late...Beginning to cry, he ran out the exit with Mike, who scooped him up again and ran out into the parking lot, where the firefighters had already showed up to save the patrons and take out the fire.

Mike looked as his pizzeria burned and sighed. "...I hope you knew what you were doing, Henry."

Helpy then began to sob again, gripping Mike's shirt, no longer wanting to do anything but cry his heart out...