1: Molten Freddy

"Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are...unsure of its origins. It is part of your job that you complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose too, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it and forfeit payment. Please make your choice now." The tape said as it ended, and awaiting the choice.

Normally, this would be an easy choice, throw it out. But for the person (or rather sentient machine), it was...difficult. The person or rather child's name was Unit H-3-L-5, since they were mechanical and not exactly biological or covered in human tissue. To put it simply, they were an animatronic bear cub specifically designed to help the owner of Fazbear Entertainment with anything they needed, and as part of Paragraph 4, he would need to salvage old robots found in the alley so they can be used for parts and sold for money. A bit odd since they were both robots, but it was his job.

"Okie dokie, I just need to find the...Uhh..." Helpy scratched his head, lifting his little tophat off his head as he looked around the a pencil, the tape that allowed him to continue, and knowledge of whatever the thing that was sitting in front of him was...

It seemed to be a mangled mess of wires, animatronic exterior parts, and lights...Including eyeballs, which made Helpy wanna barf if he could even vomit. It also...looked similar to him, except it looked like the fuel of nightmares.

Helpy didn't really look at the creature while looking for his things, trying to ignore the razor sharp teeth it had. Finally, Helpy hopped off his chair and found his pencil and the tape below him. He smiled and then gently tossed them onto the table before...struggling to get onto the chair again.

"C-Come on!" He muttered to himself, feeling his legs dangle as he tried not to fall and break his back again. And slowly but surely, he made it and then played the new tape and got ready for the salvage...Even if it meant looking at this thing right in the face and pretend he didn't want to cry just so he could close his eyes to not see it's horrifying face.

The tape played and had the same voice from earlier. "You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company issued Taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel it is becoming unstable or aggressive."

Suddenly, the little bear cub sighed with relief. "Oh, that's good. I can just use they tasey thingy to-" He reached for it to grip onto it, but then realized...he had no pockets and was never given a taser. "Oh, darn!"

"Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1." Then, it played a rather strange sound to see if the mangled bear would respond to the noise.

Helpy gulped, closing his optics. He didn't even wanna see this animatronic blink, let alone become irritated by a strange sound.

"Document results." The tape finally said after the sound ended.

Helpy slowly opened one optic and saw the animatronic did not move at all and he sighed in relief as he opened both his optics and then marked 'NO' for a response, but when he put his clipboard down, he saw the bear's eye was glowing yellow...and staring directly at him.

The bear cub shrieked, falling off his chair and onto the floor. 'That thing's active, that thing's active, that thing's active!!!' He thought as he got up and then hopped onto the chair to see that its eye was no longer glowing. Helpy sighed with relief again, despite having his doubts that this was in his head or him being paranoid.

"Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1." Then, an even stranger, louder, and longer sound began to play, and Helpy was just left staring at the mangled mess of wires.

"Umm..." Helpy rubbed the back of his head. "I know you're probably shut down, but can you do me a big favor and not move? Y-You're kind of scaring me..."

No response...

"T-Thanks, great talk..." Helpy said awkwardly, realizing he was talking to a literal piece of trash.

Then, the tape ended. "Document results-" Suddenly...The tape was turned off. Helpy looked at the tape and saw that it had been stopped by a silver tendril like wire. He tilted his head before looking back at the mangled mess and seeing that it was so close, he could see the dripping blood on his jaw.

Helpy screamed, falling off his chair again, but the monster simply slithered over to him, laughing manically. 

"WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!!!" The animatronic laughed, his voice sounding psychotic and above all, crazy. "I wonder how many times you can be crunched and still be alive!" He said, his voice changing to a small sounding animatronic, one that would most definitely be his size or smaller, like the size of a puppet or something.

Helpy didn't even wanna know what that would feel like as he kept backing up until he stopped at contact with the wall, and that's when the creature used his arm to grab him by his neck and lift him in the air and open it's jaw, ready to chomp down on his head just for the joy of it.

As the creature was about to chomp down, Helpy screamed and kicked one of his teeth down into his throat, and since he didn't have one, it just fell onto the ground. In pain, the mangled mess roared and threw Helpy to the floor, covering its mouth in pain.

Helpy felt like passing out from terror, but he quickly shook his head, grabbed the fang from the monster and got ready to protect himself, thankfully the fang was rather big.

The monster uncovered its mouth and then roared at Helpy, lunging at him, making the bear cub scream in terror as he quickly dodged the incoming monster, making him hit the wall. Seeing this as his chance, he jumped up and stabbed the creature in the back of its head with its own fang. Of course, he screamed in tremendous pain, giving Helpy the chance to run.

The bear cub quickly reached the door handle with the step stool, and then hopped out into the main room, and then slamming the door shut and activating the lock button. Of course, loud banging and roaring followed soon after, but whatever that thing was, it would not be getting out for a while.

Helpy sighed in relief, his whole body shaking...He then began to cry and ran to his quarters for someone to comfort him.

Sooner or later, he found his technical brother Lefty, and since they were built by the same person, they were able to bond frequently. Lefty played with him every chance he could, comforted him whenever he was sad, and was basically the opposite of a human sibling, who would make fun of their younger sibling any chance they got.

Helpy ran inside and looked around for Helpy, his optics swelling with tears of oil.

Lefty noticed and went wide eyed (he still had one eye, but go with it). "Helpy? What's-"

"LEFTY!!" Helpy sobbed, running over and hugging him, sobbing his eyes out of fear, his body still shaking from the near death experience.

Lefty was a bit surprised, but hugged back. "Hey, hey...Shh. Calm down, little buddy. I'm here...I'm here..."

Helpy still sobbed. "I..I...That thing was....I don't..." He couldn't even finish his own sentence.

Lefty just rubbed his back in circles, trying to calm him down. 'Maybe now is not the best time to tell him I will have to be leaving him soon...'