3: Scraptrap

The office shift was...well, it was rather boring. The loading process was painfully long and would take about 5 minutes just for it to get done. Helpy even took a small nap just to get by, while Mike just stared at the loading screen, the light of the monitor making him seem like an eternally undead creature brought to life through his own soul fusing with his own dead body.

Helpy eventually woke up with a yawn and when he saw it still wasn't done, he groaned in boredom. "Why is it taking so long?!?!"

"Helpy, Fazbear Entertainment is a bit cheap when it comes to technology. Back when I was a nightguard, there were places literally designed with blast doors that would open when the power went out, leaving you completely defenseless. And need I say, that I had a robot grizzly bear staring at me the whole time." Mike said with a chuckle.

Helpy gasped. "You actually met Freddy Fazbear?!?"

"Wait...You haven't seen him before? He's like, the face of this bloody company. His head is literally on the restaurant's building." Mike said, a bit confused as he raised an eye.

Helpy giggled a bit. "Yeah, I've never met him, but ever since I was built, I've heard stories about how much joy and fun has been brought to kids everywhere cause of Freddy Fazbear himself. He was the leader of them all and often a favorite! I've...always wanted to meet him, even if he's dismantled."

Mike smiled and patted the cub's head. "I'm sure you'll see him one day." He told him, not telling him about the fact that the only reason Freddy Fazbear was even alive was because he was actually a revenge crazed child spirit that wanted nothing but to see the Fazbear Killer destroyed and ripped to bloody pieces.

Helpy's optics were lit with wonder. "You think so?"

"Well, since Freddy is the face of this place, it's likely I'm gonna have to end up ordering him."

Helpy gasped. "YAY!!!" He exclaimed as he jumped into the air and then landed onto the table of the monitor, sitting on it. Thankfully, he was made of plastic and very light metal.

Mike smiled again, this cub was probably the only good thing about being at Freddy's again.

"So, umm, Mike. I know this is our first day, but I can't resist asking!"

"I've had a ton of questions said to me, sometimes quite rudely. Ask away."

"Why are you purple? I've studied humans before and know that there is such a thing as different colored ones, but my research said nothing about purple." He said, curiously tilting his head again.

Mike laughed, this time a bit nervous. What exactly was he gonna say? A mangled mess of wires that were possessed by psychotic children spirits including his younger sister scooped out his insides and used his body as a flesh suit for a couple months before his skin began to rot and turn purple, and not wanting to be given away, the mess of wires threw themselves out into the sewer to find a new flesh suit while his body remained there, becoming possessed by his own spirit while hearing his sister's voice? That would've been a mouthful.

"Boss? I mean, Mike? You ok?"

Mike nodded. "Yeah, it's just...how I got this is personal and boring grown up stuff."

"Did you...paint yourself purple?" Helpy asked, tilting his little head.

"Sure, we'll go with that."

Slowly, but surely, their shift ended and Mike and Helpy were free to open their pizzeria for the day, now that everything was ordered and shipped. The employees would thankfully be doing the unpacking...What a shame was is that he had to request them from Fazbear Entertainment, which spent a lot more money, but not too much to go broke.