13: Shadow Freddy

The little bear cub smiled at the memory, but was then reminded of everything that happened all over again. The fire burning away at the monsters and Lefty staying behind to fight them off with the thing he captured by his side, helping him fight. Lefty fought for not his life, but for his brother's. Helpy slightly hated that about his big brother, how he would risk so much for someone. But he couldn't complain too much. He'd do the exact same.

Soon, it was the afternoon and Helpy slowly came out of the guest room, not bothering to put on his top hat and bow tie since his body felt too weak and slow to even do such a simple task, such as walking or even blinking. He just felt sad enough that laziness was the only thing his body could really achieve.

Mike was there, looking at the little bear cub, obviously concerned. "Hey, Helpy."

"...Hey." He said sadly, slowly sitting down on the couch.

Mike's heart once again clenched itself. He wasn't ever going to like this or get used to this. "You in the mood for...anything?"

"I don't think I wanna do anything today..." He mumbled, sounding like an obviously depressed teenager. Or in this case, an obviously depressed 7 year old.

"Are you sure bud? You can't just stay in here forever." Mike said.

Helpy managed to look up at Mike. "Everyone is scared by me anyway, why should I leave?"

"Help-"

Helpy sniffled and then got off the couch, stumbling a little. "...I'll be right back. I'm gonna get a pillow..." He said slowly and walked back into the guest room.

Mike sighed. He had never seen the little bear cub so depressed and sad in months. It broke his heart to see and hear him cry during the night and never smile when he came out of the guest room. It reminded him of himself when he accidentally killed his own brother. He knew how it felt to lose a family member, in fact, he knew how it felt to lose a whole family. He just knew he would never move on from it unless he got over the fact that his family was gone and replaced by monsters...They were at rest now. That's all that mattered. But Helpy finally having a smile on his face again seemed more important to Mike right now...

When Helpy entered his room to grab a pillow to fall asleep on the couch, he walked in and grabbed it before seeing the door had closed behind him. He tilted his head and was about to reach the door handle until a purple hand rested on his shoulder, but it felt cold and strangely...transparent.

"Little one, we need to speak." A voice, most likely the owner of the purple hand, spoke up.

Helpy quickly felt a shiver go down his back and he turned around, only to squeak and jump back aways, examining what had just touched and spoke to him.

It was Freddy, or rather, it wasn't. His body was nearly transparent, but most of it was an obvious purple color. He had black eyes with glowing pupils, like Mike, but they glowed even brighter than his did. Finally, he had a missing ear, with wires as his replacement.

Helpy whimpered. "W-W-Who are you?"

The bear smiled kindly and kneeled down to Helpy's level. "Calm down, Helpy. I am not here to hurt you."

"H-How do you know my name...?" He asked.

"I know many things." The purple Freddy said simply. "But I am here to tell you that you must not continue this life of sadness. I am well aware of how it feels to lose a family member, but I learned how to get past it and move on for that member's sake."

Helpy desperately wanted to know how this mysterious bear knew that. He hated feeling this pain of sadness and barely being able to even move out of laziness and no will. "H-How...?"

"I learned to move on. I learned that I couldn't just stay in the past forever and look forward to what the future held. I couldn't just weep over my lost family member's name forever to bring their death go in vain. Your brother sacrificed himself for you so you could have a better life. He cared for you and you cared for him. And Michael cares for you, hating the fact that he would never see your smile ever again. Do you really want that?"

"N-No!" Helpy exclaimed.

"Then, have him help you. The journey will be long and hard to get through, but it will be worth it to have some happiness in your life." He said with a smile.

Helpy nodded, finally understanding. "Yeah...Yeah, you're right! I still have family!"

The bear nodded and then stood, only to have his leg receive a hug from the little bear cub.

"Thank you, Purple Freddy."

The purple bear chuckled and patted his head. "Call me Shadow Freddy. Now, I have to get going, but we will meet again."

"When?"

"Soon." Shadow Freddy spoke before suddenly disappearing with a small purple flash, leaving the room as if he was never there.

Helpy smiled brightly and then left the guest room, rushing over to Mike to try and cheer the old purple man up.