109. girls night

A D O M A N I A

cix||girls night

cix||girls night

"I hate Christmas." Dorcas groans as the girls push through the mounds of muggles all carelessly shoving one and other to try and get their last minute gifts. It's Christmas in two days and Maria still cannot decide what to get for Regulus. "I don't hate the holiday, just the shopping."

"I love it." Mary chimes from beside Maria, the two girls are linked at the arm whilst Alice and Lily are clinging onto one and other. Now both two months along, they're not showing but if you look close enough you can see the beginning of a small baby bump on Alice's stomach where hand hand is usually resting.

"Where to next?" Marlene sighs, a shopping list clutching in her pale hand. "We have to go to the market. Maybe we could find some nice jewellery or something."

The six girls agree and hm begin to trudge through the thin layer of snow and the crowds of muggles to the stalls in the long market street. Maria and Lily split off to look for presents for James and Regulus whilst Dorcas and Alice hurry off to find presents for Marlene and Frank and Mary and Marlene go to find ones for Dorcas and Gideon Prewett who Mary is currently seeing. They're not too serious about anything yet but Mary still wants to get him a little something from herself.

"What does James even like? I'm literally his wife—how do I not know this stuff?" Lily grumbles to Maria who smiles slightly at the red head's complaints. "I feel so fat. And cold—my ankles are too hot."

"You're pregnant, Lily." Maria reminds her and her sister-in-law sighs with a nod. "I'm sure James would love anything you got him—Blimey you could get him a leave and he'd frame it above his bed."

Lily laughs slightly as they walk slowly alongside each stall, glancing over the contents of each one.

"Ooh. I love this." Maria smiles, grabbing a chain from one of the stalls and examining it. It's a silver chain that would fit around Regulus' wrist with a star engraved into the clasp and she sighs, nodding. "I'll take this please."

She pats for the chain that the woman working at the stall gave her a small box for and now they're strolling to the bottom of the street to meet with the other girls. Lily had bought James a new Chudley Canons quidditch jumper as well as some socks — because apparently that's the one thing married men always seem to need.

"I'm so close to punching myself in the face." Dorcas mumbles as they all group together, Dorcas looking annoyed with a bag clutched in her hand and Maria and Mary share an amused look.

"I'd say today was a success." Marlene states, linking her arm through her girlfriend's as the girls stroll down the muggle village to a vacant road to the next village where the Potter Manor is situated.

"Home sweet home." Maria sighs, dropping her bags when she enters the home and Regulus jogs down the stairs and the girls squeal slightly, going to hug him tightly and Lily scolds him and fixes his hair whilst Alice asks him whether he needs any more of the herbal paste she makes for deep wounds — to which Regulus shakes his head.