the meltdown

"DING DONG!" abby screamed, causing paige to about jump out of her skin

"DING DONG!" abby screamed, causing paige to about jump out of her skin. "it's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, not 7, 8, 9! why are you so stupid!"

maddie and chloe looked awkwardly at the ground as their best friend began to cry.

"no crybabies. get out! you're done." the three awkwardly made their way towards the door, where kelly and christi were waiting for them.

"what's wrong princess?" kelly asked softly. paige began crying harder.

"abby was yelling at me for not doing the steps right." she reached up and wiped her eyes. "she called me a ding dong and said i was stupid."

christi and kelly exchanged glances. christi nodded and took hold of paige as kelly began getting worked up.

"mom don't-" paige's words fell on deaf ears as kelly opened the door and stormed inside.

"i pay for you to TEACH my daughter dance!" kelly screamed. "not sit on your ass and do nothing but insult her!"

"she's a smart kid kelly! but you don't make her use her brain!" abby fired back. "she could be SO MUCH MORE!"

"we're done." kelly let out a string of curse words as she walked into the hall to find her older daughter hugging her younger one, who had calmed down slightly. "let's go. we're leaving."

paige shook her head.

"no mom i wanna stay please." kelly wasn't listening. "i don't wanna go!"

"if you wanna stay here and let this women insult you go for it. brooke, we're leaving." brooke nodded and grabbed her things, not wanting to deal with it.

they quickly left the studio, leaving paige hugging christi.

"take a deep breath." christi told her softly. "wait a few minutes before you go back in."

paige nodded. when she collected herself, she went back into studio a where abby looked surprised to see her.

"miss abby i just wanted to say i'm sorry about my mom." abby stared harshly at her. "she took brooke home but i'm staying here. i wanna learn and i wanna dance."

"your mother needs to control her mouth." paige nodded. "paige, come sit."

she motioned for paige to sit next to her. she walked over and took a seat carefully by her teacher.

"i'm glad you're here. you're a good kid. you're gorgeous, you have the legs and you have the body and you have the face. but the confidence level needs to be over the top. and you know what?" abby leaned in a little bit. "with my guidance, you'll make it in this business. understood?"

"i understand."

"good." abby clapped her hands together. "i'm proud of you paige. and ya know what, because of your mature behavior, you'll be doing our third solo for this week."

paige's face lit up.

"but i'm not gonna take it easy on you." paige nodded, still excited. "now go get maddie and chloe. let's finish this trio."

paige rushed into the hallway to see maddie and chloe standing their looking confused. paige allowed a huge smile to cross her face.

"she gave me a solo! i have a solo!" paige squealed. "abby said she's proud of me!"

the three girls hugged and squealed.