paige's solo

paige's costume:) i love that some ppl seem to be liking this book it's actually getting views 😍😍

"alright paige. your solo is called 'time heals no wounds.' it's a beautiful contemporary piece. i want you to give this piece everything you got. it's not gonna be easy." paige nodded. her mother hadn't returned the day after their big blow out, simply dropping brooke and paige off and leaving.

a part of her was grateful, there would be no reason for abby to take any anger out on her. but she had to do well with her solo, or else abby would take away her chance.

"plié harder paige!" abby screamed. paige squinted in concentration and bent her legs more before launching into a beautiful leap. "yes! get that leg up higher paige!"

she counted in her head, thinking of nothing but dancing beautifully for abby. but more importantly, how abby would feel when she finally proved she could do it. she straightened legs and pointed her feet harder.

"alright. that was good. i want you to go home and work on that. now, get maddie and chloe in here for the trio." paige nodded. she tried to keep a straight face but couldn't contain her giddiness at abby's compliment of her performance.

maddie and chloe waited outside the door to studio a. they looked at paige with wide eyes, half expecting her to be in tears.

"abby's ready to rehearse the trio." the two couldn't hide their shock as they watched her go upstairs. paige entered the observation deck and went up to christi, who was talking to holly and melissa about something she couldn't quite make out. "hey christi, can you drive me home tonight?"

the three stopped and turned to face her.

"your mom already talked to us all about it. we're gonna take turns from here on out, so i'll drive you home this week." melissa spoke up before christi had the chance too.

"ok. thanks melissa!" she smiled. melissa beamed.

"you're so welcome sweetie. your solo looks beautiful!"

"thanks. i think i'm gonna go practice in studio b when abby's doing chloe and maddie's solo's. we're going to rehearse the trio now." she took a few big gulps of her water. "i'll be back up later for snacks!"

the three moms laughed. paige quickly made her way back down into studio a where chloe and maddie waited for her.

"alright let's take it from the second turn sequence." the girls nodded and immediately got to work. paige turned harder, faster, and better than ever.

abby definitely noticed.

"lift that foot higher paige!" she yelled. "gorgeous turn sequence paige! make them all like that!"

not once during rehearsal did abby mention chloe or maddie's name. she spoke only to paige, correcting her and making sure she was involved in the choreography. by the end of the day, paige was exhausted.

"you ready to go paigey mack?" melissa came into to studio b and startled paige, who was working on her solo while abby finished chloe's. "you must be so tired."

"yeah. but i'm really excited for my solo!" paige giggled. "it's so nice and pretty."

melissa's grin was wider than paige had ever seen it.

"i saw you working on it in here, it looks so nice!" melissa held out her hands. "let's get you home, your mommy is excited to hear about it."

paige smiled and skipped out to the car, followed by maddie and mackenzie who were just as enthusiastic. melissa smiled, excited to see paige finally getting the recognition she deserves.

no melissa slander here!:)