no solo

"ladies! i'm gonna start with pyramid a little differently today

"ladies! i'm gonna start with pyramid a little differently today." abby smiled mischievously. "we're gonna start with whose on top, because that's obvious."

she pulled the paper off.

"paige. you almost got a perfect score." abby beamed and paige smiled.

"brooke. the group dance looked good on you. i want to see less of the brooding and more of the smiley brooke ive been seeing lately." she winked.

brooke cracked a smile.

"after brooke, maddie." maddie smiled. "maddie, you didn't have a solo. the group was good. you are not a good dancer. you are great. be great."

maddie nodded. pyramid felt a lot less dreadful without all the fighting, and paige being given more attention seemed to stop the fighting almost all together.

"kendall. i was proud of your solo. keep up the good work. chloe. you did good. nia, there were technical errors i saw. that's why you're here. mackenzie. this choreography may have been a bit much for you. because of that, you will only have a small part in the group dance this week." kenzie nodded.

"now. i have a trio this week. it's going to maddie, chloe, and paige. it's called 'les divas' and it is sassy. i want you to bring on the inner divas." they laughed at the faces miss abby was making.

"i have 3 solos this week. the first one goes to maddie. i want you out there again doing a new solo. chloe, you will also be getting back out there." abby paused. "paige, i'm sure you want to do another solo."

paige nodded eagerly.

"well, i'm not having you do one this week. your mother told me you were having some trouble with the warts on your foot? what's that about?"

"i have a few planters warts on my right foot." she pointed. "it's getting worse lately but i can still dance, just at some point i have to get it cut off so it hurts less."

"yes. i told your mother to go ahead and make the appointment. i'm giving you the trio and you'll be in the group dance but i do not want you overworking yourself or burning yourself out. so you will not have a solo this week." abby looked at paige. "if you get the wart removed and you're in all kinds of pain, that's fine, we can work around that. i'm gonna have nia learn the trio also, and then depending on how you feel on saturday we'll see who dances. we're just gonna keep playing it by ear until the wart is healed."

"thank you miss abby."

"now i bet everyone's wondering who the third solo is going too." abby smiled once again mischievously. "it's going to nia."

nia jumped up and down and the rest of the girls went to hug her.

"alright i wanna start with nia's solo. that way paige you can call your mom and find out when the appointment is. you are dismissed." the rest of the girls left the room in search of homework. paige walked to the den where she left her phone.

"hi paige!" kelly chirped. "how was pyramid?"

"it was good. i'm on top again. miss abby didn't give me a solo. she said that she talked to you about my warts and you were gonna make the appointment."

"yes i did. the only time i can get is tomorrow during rehearsal, and that's only because they had a cancellation like right before i called. the next appointment isn't till next month."

"that's ok. i think i'll be alright. i'll talk to miss abby after she's done with nia's solo." paige said her goodbyes to her mom and walked down to the studio a door.

she waited, sitting outside doing some homework until nia came out. paige quickly ducked inside.

"hi miss abby." paige called. "i'm sorry i don't want to interrupt you, but the only appointment my mom can get for the wart in the next month is tomorrow during rehearsal."

abby sighed.

"yeah i was afraid of that." she smiled a little bit. "i understand. it's important we get that foot in tip top shape. so i'm gonna ask you, do you want me to pull you from these dances?"

paige thought for a minute.

"is it ok if i tell you tomorrow? i'll have my mom drop me after they take it off and if it's super super painful i'll just bow out, if not i'd love to still be in it."

"i think that's admirable." abby smiled. "for right now, i'll choreograph it without you, and then come tomorrow if it's feeling better i'll have a special part to add you in."

paige smiled.

"thanks miss abby." paige turned to leave.

"paige." paige turned around and paid attention to abby. "i'm proud of you."

"thank you miss abby." she walked out into the den and smiled. she sighed and her shoulders relaxed.

finally things were getting better at the dance studio.