in time for nationals

5

5. THOUSAND. READS. I. LOVE. YOU. ALL. SFM.

"alright girls!" abby silenced the 6 dancers that stood in studio a as she entered. "paige is coming in now, i don't want you to even THINK about asking her about drop dead diva until our routines are perfect. this is nationals!"

abby was cut off by paige entering the studio and the girls screaming.

"welcome back paige! now, you've been gone a while, obviously, and we are on day 3 of learning our nationals routines." abby gave paige a look. "you need to be on your a game. now, did you learn your part of the group dance at the airport?"

paige nodded.

"excellent. let's run it now!" the girls got into place to run the group dance. it was the first time they were doing it all together, and paige was a little nervous.

she shook out her nerves before they started dancing and focused on the task at hand. they ran the group dance over and over again. by the end of rehearsal, the girls were exhausted and nia had a blister on her foot that was bleeding.

"alright girls. paige, i wanna teach you your solo, the rest of you are dismissed." the girls thanked miss abby. "do you need a break for a snack?"

paige shook her head.

"if i could just get a quick drink that would be great." abby nodded. paige rushed out to take a few sips of her water before rushing back in. "thanks."

"alright paige. your solo is called 'tragedy and stars.' it is a very emotional piece, it's about losing someone who means the world to you tragically, suddenly." abby teared up. "as you know, my mom hasn't been well for a few years. she's doing fine now, but we've been dealing with her will, and moving her to a home, and she won't get better. she's only gonna get worse until she passed, which hopefully won't be for a while."

paige smiled and walked over to give miss abby a hug.

"i need you to convey the story of my mom, mrs. miller." paige nodded with determination. "alright let's get started!"

paige pushed herself to the limits. every movement was bigger then the last, every facial expression more emotional. by the time she had done the whole solo a couple times, abby was crying. she wiped her tears.

"you made me cry." she sniffled slightly. "i should be saving my tears for the pillow."

paige chuckled.

"you always say we can cry if someone dies, you can cry if someone is sick." paige told her. miss abby laughed.

"i needed that laugh. alright go get maddie and chloe for their duet." paige exited the room out of breath and sent in maddie and chloe. once they went into studio a, she immediately went in to studio b to rehearse her dance.

this dance was the most important dance she had ever done, and she wouldn't let anything keep her from winning.