paige's private lessons

"kick paige!" abby screamed

"kick paige!" abby screamed. "get that back leg higher!"

paige hit her glissade hard and catapulted herself into a beautiful grande jétè.

"gorgeous feet paige!" abby was working paige harder than ever before. she had given her a standing private twice a week to work on solos and technique.

this weeks solo was her favorite. medicine, a solo about someone with mental health struggles taking the time to fix themselves and better themselves. abby compared it to paige as a dancer. she was finally practicing and working harder than she ever had before, and it was really paying off.

"good job paige! alright. go get a drink, have a snack, and then after kendall's rehearsal time we'll start on the group dance." abby held her hand out for a high five. "you were awesome today."

paige beamed.

"thank you miss abby!" she rushed over for a hug, which abby gladly pulled her into. after a couple seconds, she turned and jogged out of studio b.

the moms were waiting for her up in the den.

""hi melissa!" paige cried as the mom pulled her into a hug. "hi christi! hi holly! where did jill go?"

"she went out to lunch with her oldest daughter." christi explained. paige walked over and sat down on christi's lap. "how's your solo coming along?"

"it's so good! it's a contemporary lyrical dance, and abby says it's a winning number. i get to go my back tuck twice." paige's eyes lit up as she spoke and all the moms felt their hearts melting at the girl they viewed as their own finally getting the treatment she deserved. "it's about someone finally taking the time to better themselves and just to take care of their bodies. it's supposed to be about mental health, but miss abby says it's like me with dance."

holly reached into her bag and pulled out a few snacks.

"i can't wait to see it at competition this weekend! do you want some snacks?" she asked.

"yes please!" paige yelled. the moms laughed.

"here. i have an apple, some goldfish, and some peanut butter crackers." holly handed them all over. "i'm gonna talk to your mom this week about getting you some more snacks for after school when melissa brings you."

"thanks holly." paige happily munched on the snacks given to her.

the moms made light conversation with each other and with paige until maddie jogged up the stairs.

"paigey we're starting the group dance." maddie said as she walked over to her mom who handed her a water bottle.

"thanks maddie." paige folded up the goldfish and handed them back to holly. "see you later!"

she jogged down the stairs and rehearsal for the group began.

"i'm so glad paige is getting all this attention." christi sighed. "she's finally being treated like the amazing dancer she's always been."

"exactly." holly nodded. "i'm so glad for her."

"me too." melissa giggled. "i love paige, i love all the girls. it hurts my heart to hear the mean things miss abby says about them."

christi chuckled.

"welcome to our world melissa." the moms chuckled as they made pleasant conversation. there was much less fighting now that paige was the center of attention.

and it was a relief to everyone involved.