the plantar's wart

paige had never had a wart cut off before, and man was she not prepared for the pain she would be in

paige had never had a wart cut off before, and man was she not prepared for the pain she would be in. after the appointment, her mom dropped her off at practice, and paige could barely walk.

as she walked in the practice room, abby's face lit up.

"hey! how's that foot?" paige was limping. "oh man, it must not be good. are you able to dance?"

paige shook her head.

"it hurts really bad. i could maybe dance tomorrow or later in the week, but i don't think i can do it today." abby sighed.

"i see." she shrugged. "well, the show must go on. you girls had better be leaping higher and turning better than you ever have, because i'm making the decision to not let paige perform."

paige smiled weakly.

she knew, of course, that miss abby probably wasn't going to let her do it, however it still made her sad to hear.

"paige, i don't want you thinking you can rest on your laurel, you will be in class all week."

paige nodded.

"i can take notes and write down the steps to the dance?" abby grinned.

"PERFECT!" her loud voice startled everyone. "you'll sit in and write down terminology, write what they're doing, and then as soon as you feel better, you can join back in. if it's this week, great, if not, that's fine."

paige nodded. she hobbled over to the corner where she sat and began taking notes on a piece of paper that gianna handed her.

the rest of the week passed slowly, and before paige knew it they were heading to the competition. they arrived at he dressing room, and abby gave paige a side nod.

"paige." she nodded towards the hallway. paige walked over there, and followed abby out the door. "how's the foot?"

"it's fine. it doesn't hurt to walk anymore."

"i think i want you to compete the group dance at least. the other girls need a ring leader. do you think you can do a round off tuck?"

paige thought about it for a minute.

"yeah. i think i could. i think i know the group well enough."

"good. that's what i wanna hear. now, how do you feel about the trio? because i won't put you in it if you feel like you can't or don't know it."

"i can do it." she spoke confidently. "yeah. i can definitely do it, i know i can."

abby smiled and hugged paige.

"that's my girl!" they walked back inside. "now, paige is going to dance the group dance and the trio this week."

the girls cheered.

"alright, let's get ready to dance!" they began to get ready. paige felt herself getting excited.

"alright girls. let's do this!" they needed to win. paige needed to win in order to prove to miss abby that she was back.

by the time they competed both numbers, paige's foot was bothering her again. it wasn't severe, but miss abby noticed.

"paige, i can see you slowly beginning to limp again." abby spoke up. "i want you to stay seated as much as you can since you're done dancing. you are to sit as much as you possible can alright? it's time for awards."

although the group dance nor the trio won, miss abby was proud of her girls, especially paige. she had danced through the pain but still allowed herself time to heal.

and that was exactly what miss abby had trained her to do.