trapped

"GIRLS GET IN HERE!" abby cried

"GIRLS GET IN HERE!" abby cried. the girls made their way into the studio where abby stood, ready to do pyramid. "this weekend was a bit of a disappointment."

"we had a first second and third place soloist. that was great." abby smiled as the girls and the moms clapped lightly. "a second place trio and a third place group. not great. on the bottom of the pyramid is nia. you could not keep up in that trio, so be thankful paige came back. your solo wasn't that great either."

nia nodded. holly rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

"next is mackenzie. you did fine. you didn't do too much. brooke. i want more face from you." abby didn't look happy. "chloe. your solo was second. you're third on the pyramid. maddie. first place soloist. i'm proud of you. and on top of the pyramid, paige! she got a wart cut off her foot, didn't practice a single day with you girls, then blew the competition away with her tuck and in that trio."

paige smiled. none of the girls were upset, everyone was just happy that after years of negativity paige was getting some positive reinforcement. everyone knew she deserved it.

"alright! this week is gonna be a little different, paige. i'm featuring you in this weeks number." the girls began to clap. "it's called 'trapped', and it's about a homeless child. the rest of the girls will help you and clothe and feed you. you need to portray this character like maddie can. everyone is in it, even mackenzie."

paige nodded.

"there will also be a trio. it's going to be paige, maddie, and nia. it's called 'whatever i want' and it is FIERCE." abby snapped and popped her hip, and the girls laughed.

"i have 2 solos to give out this week. the first one will be our obvious choice, paige." everyone clapped. "paige your solo is called 'sadness in the mirror'. it's about a girl who struggles with feeling beautiful. you'll be wearing a gorgeous blue rhinestoned costume. it's an emotional piece. you have a lot of different types of pieces this week, don't screw it up."

"the second solo will be maddie. maddie your solo is 'reflections' and it's a take on snow white." maddie smiled and the girls clapped. abby then turned to the moms. "you are dismissed, someone update kelly on paige's solo because i'll need her help with a few things regarding the costume."

"i'll text her." christi confirmed. abby turned back to the girls.

"let's get these numbers started, we've got a lot to do this week!" the week went by relatively quickly for paige. "paige, i wanna start your solo!"

the girls cleared out as paige walked to the center of the room to start stretching.

"paige. your solo is called 'sadness in the mirror.' it's about, when you look in the mirror and you don't see anything worthwhile. a girl who struggles with seeing that she is worth something." abby clapped and paige was ready to dance. this was her favorite solo her.

paige worked hard. she tried her best, she practiced this solo every single day before school, after school, in rehearsal, and after rehearsal. she put her entire soul into this solo, and by the time competition rolled around, she was ready.

"please welcome entry number 62, this paige with 'prom queen'." paige made her entrance. as the music started to play, she danced hard.

shut up,

count your calories,

i never looked good in mom jeans,

wish i,

was like you,

blue eyed blondie,

perfect body,

maybe i should try harder,

you should lower your expectations,

i'm no quick curl barbie,

i was never cut out for a prom queen,

if i get more pretty,

do you think he will like me?

paige hit her ending pose as strong as she could. the audience was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. then, after a moment of silence, the audience broke out into a roar. people stood up and clapped and screamed. paige was getting a standing ovation.

"good job paige!" abby screamed as she went back into the dressing room. "maddie, i saw a few flaws but your solo was beautiful! now let's get ready for the group."

the girls began changing into their group costume, which was a lot simpler and less glamorous then the solo costumes.

the number went on stage and was executed flawlessly. paige noticed abby beaming from the audience as they turned the box around with mackenzie in it for the final pose.

"we are going to start with our junior elite solo division." the announcer called fourth, third, and second, and none of them were paige. maddie had placed second, and she was a little disappointed in that, her face showed it. "and our winner is, paige with 'prom queen!'" paige was excited to hear her name be called as the winner. she smiled.

the group did not win first, but miss abby was still proud of the girls. she had a first place winning solo and a second place that was not that far behind first place. she was happy.

and paige hoped miss abby would keep giving her solos.