nationals

the girls were nervous and everyone could tell

the girls were nervous and everyone could tell. their moms were trying to calm them down, christi giving paige a pep talk in the absence of kelly, and melissa doing the same for brooke.

"you girls look beautiful, the group dance is amazing, the solos are beautiful. i really believe we're gonna have a clean sweep." melissa told maddie, mackenzie, and brooke.

"alright girls, if you're doing a solo, come here please." maddie, chloe, paige, brooke, and mackenzie all approached abby. paige had yet to see maddie and chloe's solos and she was getting nervous. "i want to see 3 first place solos, and i want to see a second and a third place solo. this is nationals. this is the most important competition of our season. don't screw it up. let's go!"

abby walked them to the stage. mackenzie was performing first, and her solo, killer bee, kept the audience entertained. she came off stage and immediately leapt into brooke's arms.

"kenzie that was amazing!" brooke whispered. "your jumps were high and your feet were pointed."

kenzie then walked over and hugged her sister.

"up next we have maddie with telling myself." maddie's solo was executed flawlessly. when she came off stage, she couldn't stop smiling.

"maddie that was so good!" chloe exclaimed as she and paige both embraced her tightly. "paige are you up next?"

paige nodded as she pulled away from maddie. she let out a huge breath.

"you can do it paigey mac!" chloe whispered. "your solo is absolutely beautiful!"

"i know." paige whispered back. "i'm just nervous because i learned it wednesday."

"i know but you got this." maddie gave her another squeeze. "good luck!"

paige smiled as the announcer called her number on stage. she took a deep breath before starting.

sunday morning's were your favorite,

i used to meet you down on woods creek road,

you did your hair up like you were famous,

even though it's only church where we were goin',

now sunday morning's i just sleep in,

it's like i buried my faith with you,

i'm screamin' at a god,

i don't know if i believe in,

cause i don't know what else i can do,

i'm still holdin' on to everything that's dead and gone,

i don't wanna say goodbye cause this one means forever,

now you're in the stars and six feets never felt so far,