a deer in headlights

the day of the competition was full of tension and fear

the day of the competition was full of tension and fear. the girls weren't ready. they hadn't had much practice time after the audition.

paige had nailed her lyrical routine packed with ballet moves, the joffrey judges telling her to "take as many classes as you can, of all genres because you're gonna be a star someday."

abby was so proud of paige she took her and brooke out for ice cream that night.

kelly sat in the dressing room, and as much as they assumed there would be, kelly and abby had no tension. they weren't speaking unless absolutely necessary, but it was like their issues had simply vanished into thin air.

kelly's phone rang.

"hold on a second." she answered. "hello?"

"hi! i'm looking for the parent/guardian of paige hyland?" a males voice spoke.

"yes, i'm kelly, paige's mom." everyone stopped and gathered around them to listen in on the conversation.

"hi! i'm from the joffrey ballet school. i just wanted to call and say that we would like to offer paige a scholarship to our summer program. she shows so much potential and we'd love to train her here." the girls began to squeal silently as they all hugged paige. christi's phone began to ring, and she stepped outside to take the phone call with chloe.

"oh thank you so much! she'll be so excited."

"you'll get an email with all the details this week. thank you so much."

"thanks again." kelly hung up the phone. she turned to paige. "my baby got herself a scholarship!"

christi walked back in the room with a huge smile on her face.

"chloe got a scholarship!" paige's smile widened and she began to run towards chloe and tbeh embraced.

"YAY!" they both screamed. abby clapped.

"congratulations! as much as i'd love to celebrate, and we will later, we need to prepare for our solos. chloe, kendall, maddie, and paige. i want first second third and fourth place." they all nodded. "now, let's get those costumes on."

the girls already had hair and makeup done, so getting costumes on wasn't to difficult. except for chloe, whose costume was a hundred pieces.

but before they knew it, the girls were backstage getting ready to perform.

"up next is kendall with 'queen of hearts'!" her solo went by quickly, it was a short piece of music. then chloe was announced, then paige.

paige was a little nervous. this is the only time she's had a solo involving this much stamina.

"up next entry number 37 this is paige with 'cheerleader'!" the audience clapped as she took her place on stage.

welcome to tg high,