sleepover and s'mores

chloe knocked on the door of the hyland residence as the rest of the girls bounced with excitement

brooke pulled open the door and paige stood next to her. immediately, they all rushed towards each other and squealed.

"come on my mom got us stuff to make s'mores!" brooke led everybody out back to see if her mom had set out the stuff for s'mores. kelly smiled.

"hello girls! we've got s'mores!" kelly was setting out the graham crackers. "enjoy and just holler if you need anything."

kelly retreated inside and the girls all took their places around the small campfire she had made for them.

"okay so paige what's it feel like to be abby's new favorite?" maddie joked as they held marshmallows over the fire. there was absolutely no animosity in her words, and paige knew it.

"i don't know but if this is what it'll be like forever i don't ever want my mom to come back." paige said and the other girls began laughing. "but seriously though it feels weird. i just want her to think i'm a good dancer."

"well she obviously does, she's giving you solos." brooke said. paige nodded.

"i hope i keep getting solos. i love doing the pretty lyrical and contemporary solos." she smiled. "but i hope you guys all get solos too because you deserve them."

everyone nodded and smiled at paige. the conversation switched from topic to topic, and before they knew it kelly came outside again.

"ladies it's almost midnight. if you don't wanna go to bed yet that's fine, but why don't you come inside and watch a movie?" the girls all nodded. they cleaned up the s'more stuff they had out and made their way inside.

"what should we watch?" brooke asked.

"i wanna watch finding nemo!" mackenzie cried. the other girls laughed but mackenzie didn't get it. "why are you laughing at me?"

"we're not laughing at you kenzie we just didn't expect you to say that." paige laughed. "finding nemo it is."

brooke nodded in agreement and put the movie on. slowly, the girls tired out from talking and the stress of the day, and they began to fall asleep.

first mackenzie, as she was the youngest she was bound to fall asleep first, and then brooke, which made everyone laugh. paige decided to draw a bunch of hearts and a mustache on her sisters face.

the girls giggled, but tried to remain quiet so they wouldn't wake the youngest and the oldest of their group.

then, kendall and nia fell asleep almost at the same time.

only chloe, maddie, and paige remained awake.

"so paige how do you like your solo?" chloe asked.

paige began to talk about it very animatedly. maddie slowly drifted off to sleep and by the time paige had finished telling the girls about it she was out.

"maddie fell asleep." chloe chuckled. "paige i'm really happy for you that you've gotten special parts and solos."

"thanks chloe. i hope you get a solo next week."

"i hope we get a duet!" chloe cried. the volume of her voice made nia stir and paige shushed her. "sorry. but i really wanna do a duet with you!"

"me too." paige whispered. she yawned. "i'm getting really tired."

"me too. let's go to bed. night paigey!"

"night chloe." paige whispered. she was half asleep already.

they laid down on the floor of paige and brooke's living room and snuggled into all the other girls before falling into a deep, dreamless sleep.