kelly's back

"alright girls let's go let's go!" abby ushered the girls in to start pyramid

"alright girls let's go let's go!" abby ushered the girls in to start pyramid. "we're gonna jump right into the pyramid. kendall, you didn't have a solo, you were good in the group."

kendall nodded.

"nia, same thing. next i have mackenzie. you were half a point above second place. i want you 20 points above her. you were beautiful, but you had to be somewhere on the pyramid. next, is brooke. brooke, your technique could've been better. but your facials blew everyone else out of the water." brooke smiled. "and in the next row we have chloe. chloe your solo was amazing. you beat maddie! and the duet was spot on."

christi smiled, but was certainly confused by chloe's placement. if she had beat maddie, why wasn't she above her?

"next we have maddie. maddie, you were flawless in your solo, and she only beat you by a tenth of a point. don't let someone beat you by a tenth of a point." maddie nodded. "and on top of the pyramid is paige! paige, you are up here for a few reasons. your incredible performance at nationals. you learned that group in an airport, and you learned that solo less then 48 hours before we left. and you won."

the girls and moms alike cheered.

"not only did you win, but you were seven and a half points above chloe. that's where you should be." christi grimaced, but she couldn't be mad that paige was getting some praise. "and not only did you do all that, but tell them what you did over break."

"i did a music video for ed sheeran." paige told the other girls.

"and that music video has over one billion hits." abby looked around. "this could easily have been any one of you. paige works the hardest. i want the rest of you taking it up to her level this season."

the girls and the moms all nodded.

"now. you may notice something different." abby paused. "kelly is back. we have worked out our issues and i refuse to let some bad blood between us ruin paige's career. because paige, you will go far in this business."

paige smiled.

"alright girls, i need you to really buckle down and focus because this week, we will have 5 routines AND we will be doing a photoshoot on sunday after the competition. you guys will be competing for a shot to be on the cover of dance track magazine!" abby let the girls scream before she announced the routines. "the group routine is called 'angels and demons'."

they nodded.

"chloe. you're our national runner up, you're doing a solo. it's called 'nobody's perfect'. maddie, you got third at nationals. you are not a third place dancer. i'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself with a solo called 'don't leave me'. and kendall, i keep getting word that you've been at every class, mandatory or not, and you've improved leaps and bounds. you will be doing a solo called 'it girl.' and you had better be the it girl." abby paused. "my final solo is going to our reigning national champion, miss paige. your solo is called 'the altar.' it is a character piece, and you will portray the bride who gets left at the altar:"

paige smiled. she hadn't done a lot of story pieces lately, she had been doing more lyrical and contemporary dances. a story piece would be fun for her.

"we are not gonna waste any time, we need to get these routines started. am i crazy for doing all this in one week? maybe, but i think we can do it. let's get started with this group dance." the girls spread out.

"we're in for a long week!" abby exclaimed. the moms couldn't do anything but nod and look towards kelly, who hadn't spoken a word to anyone since arriving.

"that we are, miss abby." melissa whispered, "that we are."