medicine

paige looked down at the beautiful marbled leotard she wore

paige looked down at the beautiful marbled leotard she wore. kendall and nia stood next to her in their gorgeous costumes, all looking a bit nervous.

"we're gonna do so good guys." paige whispered as they all huddled up. "nia your dad is gonna be so proud of you!"

nia nodded. they proceeded to do their abby lee dance company hand shake as the announcer began to announce nia's dance.

as soon as she finished and ran off stage to the waiting arms of kendall and paige, the girls began shrieking. the crowd had given her a standing ovation and tears were in her eyes.

nia's dad was crying in the audience and holly beamed with pride.

kendall's solo was good as well, and before she knew it, they were announcing her.

"please welcome number 56, paige performing 'medicine'." the music started as she took her place. the audience began to murmur as the music had clearly started before she was ready.

paige, however, didn't panic. she could almost hear miss abby's voice in the audience.

"don't screw this up kid."

instead of panicking, she quickly realized if she went into her a la secondes immediately instead of going to the floor and rolling first, she'd be back on track.

so that's exactly what she did.

when life has cut too deep and left you hurting,

the future you had hoped for is now burning,

and the dreams you left behind have lost their meaning,

and you don't know if you'll ever find the healing,

you're gonna make it,

and the night can only last for so long,

whatever you're facing,

if your heart is breaking,

there's a promise for the ones who just hold on,

life up your eyes and see,

the sun is rising,

the sun is rising,

even when you can't imagine how,

how you're ever gonna find your way out,

even when you're drowning in your doubt,

just look beyond the clouds,

the sun is rising,

the sun is rising,

just look behind the clouds,

the sun is rising,

whatever you're facing,

if your heart is breaking,

there's a promise for the ones who just hold on,

life up your eyes and see,

the sun is rising.

as her music ended, the crowd was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. abby stood up and started clapping, and the rest of the audience followed. they all stood up and screamed and cheered.

"GOOD JOB PAIGE!" abby screamed the loudest. christi held up a phone, and paige figured it was her mother on a video call.

her smile was bright as she exited the stage. all 6 of the other girls waited for her. they immediately surrounded her with hugs and praise.

"my mom facetimed your mom so she got too see it. she might start coming to the competitions and just staying away from practice." chloe cried in excitement. they all made their way back to the dressing room.

paige squealed as the other girls surrounded her with love.

"guys guys. i love you all and thank you for being so nice. but nia and kendall did so good too!" paige cried. everyone else nodded.

"nia you looked like a princess and kendall you were so sassy and pretty!" maddie cried. kenzie waddled over to them and gave them both a hug, inspiring all the other girls to follow suit.

they stood in the door of the dressing room embracing.

"alright girls. awards! let's go! my soloists, keep your costumes on, if you don't have a solo keep the group dance costume on. paige , kendall and nia, come here please!" abby shrieked. the other girls went to throw their dress back on.

"kendall. i want you to really remember to point that foot HARD when you're turning. your facials are getting better. go see your mother." abby smiled.

"thank you." kendall scurried over and gave jill a hug.

"nia. it was good. i want it to be great. straight knees. pointed toes. ya hear? i'm giving you a private monday at 3:30. you better be there. tell your mother." nia beamed and ran over to holly whose face lit up.

"paige." paige's heart sped up. "that was the best i've ever seen you dance."

she held her arms out for a hug and paige gladly returned it.

"now, i want you to call your mom and tell her all about. christi had her on facetime during your performance. we're gonna go to awards then." abby directed. paige nodded and ran over to where her phone sat.

after she spoke to her mom, who was in tears over how good she had danced, she fixed up her makeup, touching up the lipstick that had smudged a bit, and before she knew it they were holding hands as they announced the results.

"and in second place," the girls held hands and their breaths as there were only 2 awards left and none of them had been called yet, "kendall with 'i think i like you'!"

kendall noticeably wilted a tad but seemed relieved to hear that she had placed in the top 3. she graciously accepted her award on stage.

"and our top scoring junior soloist, and the highest scoring solo of the entire day is," paige held her breath, "with a score of 299.4, paige with 'medicine'!"

paige almost passed out when hearing her score. tears streamed down her face as she accepted the award.

"and what's the name of your studio?"

"abby lee dance company!" she cried out. the awards finished, the group placing first as well, and the girls ran back to the dressing room.

"PAIGE MACKENZIE HYLAND!" abby's booming voice silenced everyone else. "0.6 AWAY FROM A PERFECT SCORE WOO-HOO!"

all the other moms hooted and hollered. paige couldn't wait to tell her mom all about it.