CHAPTER 1 - The Ceremony

It was a sunny but also a windy Saturday. Waking up to an alarm. 5:00 am. Decided to take a warm shower.

After a warm shower I went downstairs to eat breakfast together with papa and abuela. As I was walking downstairs, I greeted them with a good morning.

"Ahh, you're up early mija." Papa said while kissing my forehead. "Well everyone is preparing for the gift ceremony and maybe I should open the bakery early today." I said while grabbing a glass of water. "Well I'm going to buy a gift for the little Madrigal" papa smiled.

Papa always likes to bake. He owned the bakery shop since he was 35 years old. Sometimes I would help papa in baking and help him run and open the shop.

After eating breakfast. I went to open the bakery, an hour earlier than usual. As I open the doors to the bakery, I see a face squished into the glass doors. It was Mirabel, waiting for me.

Me and Mirabel just met like 4 days ago and we've been really close for the past few days. Well I haven't been to the Madrigal's house before but my dad and abuela have. Ten years ago, it was Mirabel's gift ceremony, but  I wasn't there. I had to go to Mexico with my mama and my abuelo. I stayed there for 12 years when I was a kid. After that I moved to Colombia with my papa and my abuela for the past 3 years.

I have some friends here and one of them is Mirabel. She's the only Madrigal I know and maybe because I was just scared of her family and didn't want to meet them before.

Back to Mirabel. "So...?" I excitedly said. "What do you mean so?" she said with confusion.

"Are you excited or sad?" I said with a worried face. "What..pfft... sad? No" she said with an awkward smile on her face. "I am excited! I love Antonio and I'm so happy for him!" Mirabel shouted with excitement. "But I am sure gonna miss him when he leaves me in the nursery room." "It's all going to be fine, and by the way you guys can see each other everyday, it's not like he's leaving the house and fly to another country." I said while patting her back.

So we went back to working and preparing for laters event

It's already 5:30 pm and people are getting ready. I stared into the mirror for two minutes. "Calm down, you're just going to meet people and that's totally normal." smiling awkwardly in front of the mirror. "y/n, vamos. We're going to be late!" papa shouted from downstairs.

As I walk downstairs, I see Abuela looking at me with her hands in front of her chest and with a wide smile. "Mija you look so stunning!" "¡Gracias Abuela!" I said while hugging her. "So? Are we ready to go?" papa said excitedly.

As we walked towards the Madrigal's house, I kept staring at the house. It was colorful and pretty, filled with flowers and lights. As we get inside the house, I can see a lot of people laughing, talking to each other, and having fun. It made me a bit dizzy and also a little bit scared, until someone tried to pull me by my arm. It was Mirabel.

"Good thing you came!" Mirabel said with excitement and full of energy. "So can I show you around? You can come to my room!" "Yeah, yeah sure" I said while looking around.

As we get into her room, It was calming, no loud noises and running kids. Mirabel kept showing me her things like her drawings and stuff. Then her mom peeked through the door calling for Mirabel, then she spotted me. Mirabel introduced me. "Ah mom this is y/n btw and y/n this is my mom Julieta, she can cook food that can heal us blah blah blah..." "Nice to meet you y/n. You are such a beautiful girl!" she said while she tilted her head to see more of my face. "¡Gracias señora!" I responded

She went back to face Mirabel and asked her to help with the people downstairs. I waited for her for like 30 minutes and got bored, so I went outside to look for her or my papa and abuela. While looking for them I accidentally tripped on someone's foot.

It was her brother or is he Mirabel's cousin? I didn't know who her siblings were. Good thing he catches me with his hand. I looked up to him and he said "Are you okay?" with a raspy voice and a worried look. "I'm fine, thank you!" while saying that I spotted my papa talking to two guys. "I gotta go but thank you for catching me" I said while running away from him and running towards papa. He tilted his head with a confused face but also a little smirk.

"Papa..." I said while gasping for air. "Oh and this is my daughter, y/n." "y/n this is Agustín and Felix." Papa introduced me while patting my back. "Hola señor" I said while shaking their hands. Mirabel went up to me "y/n I've been finding you" She then looks at her dad and his tío. "Ah I've seen you finally meet my dad and my tío. Well they don't have gifts or powers"

"Ohhhh, well Mirabel I want to introduce you to my dad, papa this is Mirabel and Mirabel this is my papa." I exclaimed.

"Hola señor, ¡mucho gusto!" Mirabel said

"Nice to meet you too Mirabel" papa answered.

AFTER THE CEREMONY

We were in Antonio's room. People having fun, dancing and eating together. I soon grabbed a drink at the food and drinks table. An orange juice. When I turned my back, I bumped into a guy, the orange juice that I was holding splashed all over him. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" Wiping the stains of his poncho. It was the guy that I tripped over earlier. "You again?" The boy chuckled. "I'm really really sorry" I said "It's okay clumsy girl" he said sarcastically.

"y/n!" Mirabel shouted while running towards me. "What happened??" "I accidentally spilled some orange juice on him" I said worried " That's fine, he'll just change his clothes and by the way it doesn't look like there's juice in him because of his yellow poncho. Also I haven't introduced him to you" Mirabel said while looking at me "y/n this is Camilo, Camilo this is y/n. He's my cousin and he shapeshifts into different people." Mirabel said with a bored face.

"Nice to meet you y/n." Camilo said while shaking my hand aggressively.

"Hola" I answered in response.

"Well enough chit chat let's get moving." Mirabel pushing me by my back and bringing me back to the party.